*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1884841-Save-Me
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Adult · #1884841
They're happily married, but she still needs him to save her from herself.
The blade felt cold as she pressed it against her pale arm. She knew she shouldn't be doing this, she'd promised, but she needed a release. Tears rolled down her already tear-streaked cheeks as she slowly dragged the blade up her arm.



“EMMA? I'M HOME!”



Fear flashed through her as she heard those simple words. Not because she was scared of him, more because she didn't want to see the disappointment in his eyes when he saw what she had done … when he saw she had broke her promise to never hurt herself again.



“EMMA? WHERE ARE YOU?”



Her heart started beating faster in her chest as she hear his foot steps start to slowly climb the stairs.



“EMMA? YOU HERE?”



Suddenly her body seemed to switch to autopilot. She pulls herself off the floor, shoving her blade back in it's hiding place. Her eyes fill with tears once more as she catches sight of herself in the mirror. Without a seconds thought she tips her make up onto the counter and begins covering the tear-tracks.



“EM?”



She hears him just outside the bathroom door.



“I-in here!”



The door opens just as she puts the last piece of make up away.



“Hey beautiful. I've been calling you.”



She turns to face him, a false smile spread across her lips.



“Hey baby. I had my hair-dryer on, so I didn't hear you.”



She tries to hide her wince as he pulls her into his strong arms. She silently prays to herself that he hasn't noticed.



“You okay Em?”



Why couldn't luck be on her side for once?



“I'm fine.”



“You winced baby-girl. What's wrong?”



“I'm fine.”



It's scary how easily those words slip out now. She knows she's not fine, but she doesn't know if she'll ever be ready to tell anyone that. She wouldn't know where to start.



“No you're not. You winced.”



As soon as his hand touched her arm to move her away, she knew that he knew what she'd done.



“Em?”



Before she could answer he had slowly started to roll up her sleeve. As soon as his eyes saw the angry, bloody lines on her arm tears sprang to his eyes.



“Oh sweetheart.”



As he pulled her back close to his chest, holding her close to him, his own tears falling onto the top of her head, only 3 words slipped passed her lips …



“Save me Matt.”

© Copyright 2012 KJowett (kjowett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1884841-Save-Me