*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878404-Camping-Trip-From-hell
Rated: 13+ · Other · Comedy · #1878404
A diary entry from a camping trip gone wrong.
Dear Diary,

With everything going on rushing around making sure that I had everything for the school camping trip, I forgot to pack you.  It would have been good to have you; with Ashley keeping me awake with her snoring, I could have been telling you of the "exciting" time I was having.  But it was best that I did not bring you along; there was a big hole in my tent and everything got soaked the first night there.  It was a big thunderstorm that seemed to go on and on.  You know how I am scared of storms.  I was thinking that the tent would get hit by lightning every time it flashed.

well, if you think that was bad, the next day, I saw this pretty cat.  I have seen black and white cats before and I though this was was just an ordinary tuxedo cat.  Well it seem friendly, so I went to pet it.  Then it lifted its back end and peed on me!  And it smelled so bad!  I still smell of it, even after taking about a hundred baths.  Well at least I did not have to be awakened by Ashley's snoring.  She made me sleep outside the tent, far away from her.  It would have been fine, but it rained most of the time.

At least I found out that I am not allergic to bee stings.  I was stung by many different bees and wasps during my camping trip.  The stings are not that bad.  They kind feel like the shots I used to get at the doctor's office.  But I did find out that I am allergic to something else.

There was one day when the sun was out and the day was warm.  We were down by the lake and were swimming.  Well, I hung back because I don't know how to swim.  Well I got a little bored and decided to walk and explore the woods.

All of a sudden, I had to relieve myself.  I guess I had too many hotdogs and smores.  Since we were "roughing" it, there were no bathrooms and I had to go behind a tree to do my business.  After I was done, I realized that I didn't bring any toilet paper with me.  So I saw some big red leaves nearby.  So I grabbed them and used them to wipe with.

well diary, let me tell you something.  I found out that I am allergic to poison oak the hard way!

I guess this city girl should leave the camping to experts.
© Copyright 2012 Life is Too Short (lulu13903 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878404-Camping-Trip-From-hell