*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1865529-Biohazard-the-unknown-soldier
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Dark · #1865529
Jasper Gates an ex soldier is thrown into a bio fallout in search for his little sister.
21 year old Jasper Gates sat in the back of his Honda Accord waiting on his date to return from the bathroom. She was an escort he hired for his little sister's wedding. Even though he was against the idea of her marrying at 18. Still he had to support her decisions, she was of course the age to make them. He was always a loner ever since his ex girlfriend "dear john'ed" him while he was in the Army. he barely passed basic combat training but his AIT was espionage based so he passed it with flying colors. As soon as he landed in Bosnia when he shipped out he got a gut feeling and 2 weeks later he gets the dreaded letter. A few days later he was running recon in a bombed remains of the slums and he was shot from a bell tower in the shoulder by a sniper, then he was sent home. Ironic. his life was hell enough as it was. In the end he thought to himself no use in crying over spilled milk.

She opened the door and slid in quietly, the escort. she had sandy blonde hair, blue eyes, and a "store bought body." Not that there was anything wrong with that. Its just she's not the kind of girl Jasper would consider settling down with. she laid her hand on his knee and said, "The weekend is almost over. Last chance." He responded with, "I'm sorry but I'm just not in the mood right now. Tonight, I promise. It's just my sister is getting married in 3 hours. Cmon let's go inside." They paced together holding hands and Jasper asked an usher where his sister was. The usher Guided them into the bedroom where young Rooth Gates sat in front of a mirror while their mother Heidi was applying the winter frost makeup to her tender pink face. Rooth jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. "It's about time you showed up Jazz!"

"Sorry my date and I got lost. Oh. Rooth I want you to meet my girlfriend Judith Libra."

"So nice to finally meet you Judith. Jasper talks about you all the time"

"Does he now?"

"I'm surprised this wedding isn't yours and his"

"Speaking of weddings can I finish your make up Rooth?"

She sat back down and began patiently waiting for Jasper and Judith to start hugging or kissing in front of her. Of course she would be disappointed. Jasper was never the kind to kiss in front of his family or friends. He asked smiling, "You ready for dad to give you away?" The room got quiet..... Rooth spoke quietly, "Dad isn't coming" Jasper's fists clenched. Judith put her hand on his shoulder and said "Cmon baby let's go get a drink." He spoke to Rooth and Heidi sternly, "Where is he?" Rooth started getting scared, "At the office...." Jasper left the room and pulled his smart phone out of his pocket and dailed his fathers office.

....ring

....ring

....click

"Hello?"

"Hey dad it's Jasper"

"Hey Jazz how's the wedding?"

"Would be better if you were here....."

"Yeah apologise to Rooth for me will ya?"

"How about you get your ass here and tell her yourself!"

"Sorry Jazz something came up i had to go."

"I don't care! Get here now!"

"Son I can't. I'm too busy."

"TOO BUSY FOR YOUR OWN DAUGHTER'S WEDDING!? YOU MAKE ME SICK!"

he closed the phone and let out a half growl half sigh. Judith looked at him shushing him trying to calm him down. An usher came up to him and said. "Is there a problem mister Gates?" Judith interrupted Jasper and said, "No thank you sir." The usher walked away as Jasper quietly walked back into the room where his little sister was still getting her makeup done. "Looks like I'm going to be the one giving you away today." Rooth responded with, "I wouldn't have it any other way."
© Copyright 2012 Frankie (frankie1221 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1865529-Biohazard-the-unknown-soldier