*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1852256-Society-V-Chapter-1-Book-1
Rated: · Chapter · Supernatural · #1852256
Society "V" is my first novel...work in progress!
John Guilbeau folded his umbrella as the rain clouds that plagued the day began to move further west following the brilliant sun set. The noise from the busy street outside was muffled out by cheap elevator music as he entered the historic hotel on Maccabee St. The steward at the entrance, a tall thin man whose nose seemed almost to point vertical greeted him with an air of snobbery, "Welcome to Maccabee Hotel". The hotel was dark, the walls newly painted a dull red, the color meant to reflect the support of the the Southern Society of Vampires. The S.S.V., as it is called by its residents. The elevaters of the hotel were under repair so John decided to take the long journy up the beautiful staircase situated in the middle of the hotel. As he climbed his way up to the seventh floor he could not help but notice that all eyes were on him. These were not ordinary eyes, but the eyes of those who called the S.S.V. home. They were vampire, all of them. John himself was a vampire in sorts, infact he was one of the rare citizens who was a half blood, half human half vampire. The only thing that distinguished him from the others was the fact that his skin was not the slate white color you would usually see on vampires. He had the fangs and all and was pretty good at using them, to bite an apple or a steak. His body ironically was capable of eating both human food and blood. Finding the taste of blood repulsive he opted to human food and was content.
© Copyright 2012 robarnold22 (robarnold22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1852256-Society-V-Chapter-1-Book-1