*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849966-Grow-Up
Rated: · Other · Personal · #1849966
When is adulthood not adulthood?
*This is a personal piece*

Sometimes those who say "I'm a adult and can make my own decisons" are amung the dumbest group of people.

Why?

If one has to constantly give up who they are for someone else, someone who doesn't support the person back then it is an unbalanced relationship.

If one hasn't yet figure out what to do with their life after chasing dreams and rainbows, then it is a unforgiving future ahead. The recession of 2008 and the slow climb afterwards, even four years later has made such a life almost a dangerous one to raise kids in. No matter how smart the children are, they need to be taught some stability in a ever changing environment.

One can be a hard worker and seemly a good provider but without the need to constantly improve theirself, then they may not survive is this current ecomony. What happens when state benefits run out? What happens when each new quick fix to make a quick buck dies?

A woman who gives up everything to stay with a man who chases a quick buck, a woman who stays to keep him in the marriage bed and keep the kids happy, will one day wake up alone and at a lost over what to do with herself. One day the kids will be grown and gone. One day, it will be up to her.

There are some who ARE happy this way but not everyone. If the man makes you scream, cry and get sick over it all and yet you stay, then you are not happy. When you both have jobs and toss them out the window, then you are not happy. Just wake up already.
© Copyright 2012 Amyaurora (amyaurora at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849966-Grow-Up