*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842634-Currently-Untitled
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1842634
A fictional story of a young girl who meets and befriends the Beatles.
Chapter 1: A Day In The Life

It was the winter of 1964 and I was awoken by my brother jumping on my bed. “Annie! Wake up!” He squealed. For a 10 year old, he was quite loud. “What do you want Sam?” I asked as I pulled the thin covers over my head.

“Mom got us tickets to see the Beatles!” he shouted. I sat straight up. “Don’t lie to me Samuel!” I growled slightly at him. He was known to play around and he knows I’m a huge fan of the greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll group, The Beatles. My walls can’t tell you otherwise. It was a dream of mine, and every teen girls, to see the fab four playing live. I recently saw them on the Ed Sullivan Show and I knew I had to get tickets.

At first I thought I could never see them with my parents income. $3.60 was pretty expensive. As I sat there day dreaming of seeing John, Paul, George, and Ringo performing Twist and Shout, my brother was trying to get me out of my daze. I shook my head and looked my brother dead in the eye. “Sam, show me these tickets.” I said trying not to get my hopes up.

A sly smirk appeared across his face as he pulled them out of his pocket. I screamed and hugged him tightly. “Don’t thank me, thank Dad!” he laughed as I ran to the kitchen in search of my father. “Mother, where is he?” I asked. My mom was asking something for breakfast. The room smelled of strawberries. She turned to me and smiled. “He went out to but you guys some Beatle merch.”

My jaw dropped. This all can’t be real, can it? I asked myself. I walked to the living room and turned on the television. It was crazy how such a small screen can show fantastic pictures. The local news was on and sure enough a picture of the Beatles showed up. I screamed and stared at the picture as they announced the city they were to be playing at next. I nearly fainted when they said Washington, D.C.

My brother was in the music room practicing the piano. He wanted to be like the fab four. I didn’t pay much attention to him. My dream was becoming a reality right before my eyes.



Chapter 2: Twist and Shout

"Annie!" I heard my my teacher call my name. I didn't realize I was drawing in my text book. "If you want to be an artist, then take up an art class but for now pay attention!"

Mrs. Carson is the school teacher. Our classroom is one room and consists of all grades. The town is small and we are all taught the same thing. For gym class, we go outside and play for 30 minutes. Tonight is the night of the big Beatle concert and that has always been on my mind since my father had gotten the tickets. Once the bell rang for us to leave for the day, I grabbed my books as quickly as I could and ran out the door. I figured I could get a shower and get ready for tonight. I threw my bag on to my bed and went to my record player and picked out an album to play. It was Please Please Me. I placed it carefully on the player and moved the fragile needle arm onto the vinyl record and my room filled with the wonderful music created by the Fab Four.

I stood up and headed to my bathroom and stripped down for a shower. As the warm water ran down my body, I could imagine in my head the boys standing on stage and playing their wonderful masterpieces. After my shower, I headed to my room to get dressed. I pulled out a pink casual dress, and a white over coat in case I would get cold. I put on brown tights and my Chuck Taylor's. I went to my mirror and blew dry my hair. I put in barrettes.

"Come on Annie! You have 15 minutes till we leave!" my mother called from downstairs.

"Alright, I will be down!" I kindly hollered back. I put my brush down and went to my closet and pulled out a poster board and my markers. I wrote "I

"Come on Annie!" Sam said pulling on my arm.

I laughed. "I'm coming brother!"

This was it. I was finally going to see them perform live. I wondered if their music sounded as good live as it does on the album.

Chapter 3: Please Please Me

As we arrived at the stadium, tons of other girls and some boys were screaming their heads off when the band didn't show up yet. "Annie? Where are they?!?" My little brother whined. "We have to get inside first to see them." I started to laugh as I helped him out of the car. I took his hand so we wouldn't get lost. Slowly, but surely, we made our way through the huge crowd and into the building. I glanced around to try and find where we were to be seated at.

"Front row?!" I nearly cried out loud. I gasped and looked around to make sure no one else heard me because I didn't want to lose my tickets. Sam was carrying the sign I had made to be held to show the guys. I hoped they would sign it later for us. My heart began to race as the stage came into view. I could see Ringo's classic Ludwig Oyster Pearl drumset just a few feet in front of us.

I heard girls talking about who their favorite Beatle is and what they would do to marry said Beatle. I rolled my eyes and laughed to myself knowing there is no way a fan would be able to date the Fab Four. There were rumours spreading that John was in a relationship but I didn't seem to mind too much.

"Ladies and Gentleman, the moment you've all been waiting for!" Came a voice from on stage. We all directed our attention to him and I felt my heart fluttering fast. Here it is. The moment I've been dying for ever since I first heard them. "Here are THE BEATLES!" he cried out and an uproar and thousands of screaming fans filled the stadium. One by one, each member ran onto stage and waved to the excited crowd. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was seeing them in the flesh right before my eyes. I turned to my right to see Sam just as excited as I was.

"She loves you yeah yeah yeah!" John and Paul started to sing as George and Ringo joined it. It was perfect. I continued to scream for them. Paul did some "Doos!" as he sang and George did a quirky little dance that got the crowd even more fired up. I could see in their eyes the passion that they felt when they played the songs they wrote from the heart. I couldn't help but notice John staring at me as I was singing along to the music. Was it because I was being a good fan and singing instead of screaming my head off? Something in his eyes made me think he had found something he's been searching for his whole life.
© Copyright 2012 Jazzmin (hpnerd5000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842634-Currently-Untitled