*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1838332-The-Begining-Of-A-New--Chapter
by mwade
Rated: · Novel · Emotional · #1838332
Struggles of a young boy.
  The day started out just as any normal day in late November. The skies were over cast with the wind coming from the north with a cold crispness in it. You could feel it deep in your bones .Snow was coming. The pefect setting for our hunting trip day break was coming fast. We had to be in our blinds by day break.  Sitting in our blind wating for my prey never in a a million years would it prepare me for what was waiting  As we drove toward our  home, My hands numb from sitting in my blind patiently waiting. The house wasso very quiet you could hear a pin drop.  . As we took off the gear we had worn to battle the coldness of the day. . There was a faint sound coming from my jacket.  Realizing it was the phone, knowing it was one of the girls we finish getting settled in. Water was on the stove boiling for a cup of hot chocolate, picking up the phone to call my oldest daughter back. After what seemed like an eternity, she answers  “Mom are you sitting down?” My heart dropped to my toes as I answer no, wondering what bad news she was to give me. Little did I know that call would change the life as we have been custom to.

As I heard the words, my heart started the climb back up where it belonged. Somewhere between the natural resting area and my stomach it stopped .Trying to grasp what she had said. I finally found my voice to answer her. After a few more words and a lot of discussion  She gave me a number to call .we said our good byes. . Wondering why after so many years of not knowing? Why this came about. With some hesitation I picked up the phone to dial the unfamiliar number as tears rolled down my checks and landed in a splat on the floor. The voice I heard so many years ago now sounding very familiar to my ears.Linda she said no we had our difference  Your the only one i can trust . You have dealt with so many of these issues before with your own son.  Still not believeing and in a daze.. As  I listen to he3r as she spoke you could hear in her voice,  that she dreaded having to make the call not knowing how we accept her. Her voice trembled as she told us just some of the things that had unfolded that day. Pleading with us to come and get him. So his life would have meaning and he would learn the rules of life.  Asking for our  help was one of the hardest things she had ever had to to do. She could not handle the lies, or drugs, the disrespect he had towards her. You could hear by the tremble in her-voice she was sincere in what she believed. As she rambled on how she knew he would end up following footsteps, she did not want him to follow. She want him to know the values of life. Listening to her brought memories of another young man who thought he had the right answers,Who was just as rebelliouse  who had tugged at my heart and had put me through so much .  Tellling her i was not sure if i could do this  to but we there within the hour  As i talked to  then man who had stood me by my side so many times. With tears in my eyse i relayed  the conversation to him with out hestitation he said we can do this grab your coat and lets go.

Not knowing what to believe we sat silently both engulf in-our own thoughts as we travel what seemed and eternity. As we turned down the street only then did we speak. each wondering why while at the same time being excited to see the two grandchildren we had thought about so many times.



As we walked to door my heart skipping beats. Two  young children appear at the door you could see the stress in there eyes as the things they had gone trough showed The little girl i remeber was turning in to a beautfull young lady. Being told to come in was a young mad who you could see the hurt as she  filled us in as why she no longer wanted him.
© Copyright 2012 mwade (lwade44 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1838332-The-Begining-Of-A-New--Chapter