*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824444-Love-at-First-Sight
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1824444
A love story with a real interesting twist.
He spotted a potential new love from across the diner. He couldn’t help but stare when he detected the goo-goo eyes she was firing his way. With a quick breathe check, he stood and began to make his move. Swiftly navigating through the throng of individuals in the restaurant, he walked toward his lady. When arriving at his destination, he positioned his hand on the wall next to her in attempt to look casual and winked with a distinct ego. Gawking at her sleek figure, he tried to entice her in general conversation. He hoped he had found the perfect catch when he realized she didn’t talk much, but with her silence, he thought he had missed his opportunity with this one. With one last glance down at her, he saw the kissy face she was making at him. With delight, he knew he may still have a chance. In his last effort to woo her, he leaned in and puckered up but all he felt was the cool, slick sting of the glass touch his lips. As he opened his eyes he saw the beautiful lady behind the glass. The thud of heartbreak flew through him, like a gushing water fall toppling over the edge of an overhang. Misery surfacing, he looked at the flawless gold fish fleeing to the opposite side of the tank. Was that her way of saying it was over?
© Copyright 2011 torhi23 (torhi23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824444-Love-at-First-Sight