*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822559-Doctor-Who-Short-The-Chiswick-Memoires
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1822559
Set after The Girl Who Waited, the Doctor makes a stop off at Chiswick.
"Amy, Rory, this is just a brief stop. You don't need to get out." Shouted the Doctor, half-walking half-dancing towards the doors of the TARDIS. Amy - with her trademark pout - and Rory - with his trademark gormless expression - stood by the console confused. They had just visited Abraham Lincoln, an adventure which required a lot of participation from the Doctor and his companions, now they Doctor was telling them to stay inside the TARDIS while he went outside, obviously, Amy was having none of this and stormed towards the Doctor.

"Oi, Spaceman, I don't care if it's too dangerous or whatever reason you have to not letting us out, but I wanted to travel through time and space to see things, not to be bunged up in a tiny blue box with Rory."

"Hey!"

"No offense."

"We're in Chiswick, I have a friend who lives here. I have a very horrible memory associated with her." His voice had gone from his usual adventurous and child-like excited expression had swiftly moved into his more macabre tone. His constant baby-esque smiled had turned into his frown that highlighted his wrinkles on his forehead and cheeks. "It's not that it's too dangerous, this is just a quick stop because I want to see her, just once more."

"Okay, Doctor." Sighed Amy, walking back over to Rory, the remark from before had been quickly forgotten.

***

The Doctor swung open the door and before doing anything, checked his surroundings. The four still lived in their detatched house, the detatched house that hung on the corner of the road where cars that had caused mass chaos just over 2 years ago gathered dust and proved that people were more conscious about the environment. A tree grew at an acute angle from the ground and dangled over the fence and over part of the pavement. The TARDIS had landed on the opposite side of the road, meaning he would not have to move it incase any cars came. A quick thought struck him, why hadn't Donna moved?

The Doctor waltzed across the street, enjoying the light breeze that seemed to only occur in the British suburbs and straightened his tweed jacket as his shoes pressed against the odd pastel-coloured gravel. He had felt it before, of course, when he had been to Donna's house and the dreadful day when she had to forget it all. Nevertheless, it felt like a completely new sensation, well, for this regeneration it was. His walk consisted of large pressing as he stepped, allowing his feet to feel the sharp-yet-rounded corners of the gravel. Within a few minutes, he had reached the door, then hesitated should I? She wouldn't recognise me...

He took a deep breath and knocked on the door, it echoed throughout the house and Sylvia pushed the blinds apart to see who was at the door, to her surprise, it was someone she had not met before. She brought herself up from the chair she had been sitting on and opened the door.

"Yes?" She asked, giving the strange man a quick once-over.

"Hi, Sylvia, it's been a while."

"Oh? Have I met you before? Are you one of Wilf's Doctors?"

"Well, I'm a Doctor Wilf knows...Where is he?"

"Up at the alotment with Netty, d'you want to know where that is?"

"No thanks, I've been before."

***

It had quickly submerged into night, the Doctor had spent much of the day searching for Wilf and Netty. The crisp air rustled against the Doctor's jacket and the warm-ish night told the Doctor that it was either late-Spring, or early Summer. He smiled as he spied a telescope, he rushed down over to it and chuckled - in his head - him and Netty were sitting together, taking turns to look through the telescope.

"Hi, Wilf, I'm-"

"Another one of those bloody Doctors Donna keeps sending me?"

"No, Wilf, I'm the Doctor."

"No you're not, you don't look like him."

"Remember, the last time we met and I took in all of that radiation? Well, it made me change, but I'm still the Doctor, but never mind that, tell me, Wilfred Mott, why do you need doctors?"

"I was diagnosed with Altzheimers in September."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"It doesn't matter."

The two spent most of the night talking, reminiscing about Donna and the various adventures the both of them had. The Doctor asked about Donna and how she was doing and how Shaun Temple was doing. For a man as old as the Doctor, seeing someone so much younger than him with a disease that would eventually kill him, but he hid the pain, he would have to. He decided that once a year, every year he would visit Wilf and Donna and Sylvia and Netty.

***

In the early morning, the Doctor reopened the TARDIS and smiled as he saw Amy and Rory, the couple reminded him of Wilfred and Netty, and Sylvia and Geoff, and Donna and Shaun and all of his companions who had left to form a relationship. He gave a quick, cheeky grin to his friends and started flicking switches on the console.

"You were gone a while, Doctor. Is everything okay?" Queried Amy.

"Yeah, just catching up with a friend. He needs the help with his memory."

"Okay."

The Doctor stared into the TARDIS' console and sighed, then went back to smiling. Something sparked in the back of his mind and his cheeky grin quickly spread. He looked up at Rory and Amy.

"How about the planet Felspoon? It has mountains that sway in the breeze.
© Copyright 2011 Toucan Sundae (toucansundae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822559-Doctor-Who-Short-The-Chiswick-Memoires