*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819636-Alive-or-Just-Breathing
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1819636
They live to kill, its in their nature. I kill to live, its in my blood.
CHAPTER 1 - A GIRL



I saw a young girl lying amung the trees and grass. I don't know what pushed me to walk over to her but I did, she was wearing a white dress with flowers embroidered into the bottom. Her brown hair was scattered around her on the ground, mixing with the leaves. I looked at her face and saw her eyes were closed. I crouched down and reached out to touch her arm, when my fingers were about to come in contact with her pale skin she evaporated, she disappeared before my very eyes. I fell backwards in shock.



"Interesting, isn't it? My gift" I heard a man say but I couldn't see him



"I can make you see anything I want" He spoke again.



"Who are you?" I exclaimed, scared.



"If I were you I would be asking a different question" He said in a playful tone. This was a game for him.



"Fine, what would you ask?" I said playing along, I would do anything to delay my upcoming death.



"Don't you want to know what I am?" He asked but this time his sinister voice was right in my ear.



I wiped around but he wasn't there. I looked behind me, I could see the road I had been walking on, it was so close.



"Well? I asked you a question" He sounded angry now that I had stopped plying his game.



"What are you?" I shouted but I didn't wait for an answer, I turned around and ran towards the opening in the trees, to the road, my escape.



Then I saw a blur flash by me and suddenly he was by my side. I saw his black hair, his pale, cold looking skin, I saw his electric blue eyes that had a circle of red in them.



"You know, I like you, I think I'll keep you" He whispered and a shiver ran through my body.



I then felt his lips touch my neck which was followed by an excruciating pain that caused me to collapse onto the ground. I saw my green dress stained with grass and mud before darkness consumed me.
© Copyright 2011 skittles (forever_ends at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819636-Alive-or-Just-Breathing