*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812125-Seduction
by rbauer
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1812125
My attempt at short story fiction. Looking for feedback before entering a contest.
She was adamant he would not succeed.  Not this time.  Mary was going to make sure his sly tactics and pick up lines wouldn’t work tonight.  She knew all about him, how his sweet talking could lure a woman right into his lair. She smiled as she thought, “He has no idea what I’m capable of”.

Patrick sat across the room stirring his drink.  He’d played this game before and knew he could have any woman in this room, but tonight was different. She’d thrown him off track with her confident stance.  He knew this one was different.  This woman knew what she wanted and would settle for nothing less.  The question lingered, "Was he it?"

Mary stood and walked towards his table. It was time regardless of what her pounding heart was telling her. She noticed he began to squirm in his chair. She slowly relaxed as she approached his table.

Patrick stood to greet her when she came closer.  His palms were sweaty, his throat was dry. He wished he would’ve kept his shirt tucked in after work, his tie was undone.  Patrick wasn’t used to being unkempt. There was no time to gather himself together as she approached.

“May I sit down?”, she asked in a sultry tone. He pulled out the nearest chair for her and she took her time as he waited behind her.  Patrick’s pulse raced just being near her. “What is this woman doing to me?” he wondered as the strange feelings continued.

Mary waited for him to sit before she began her conversation.

“I’ve been noticing you from across the room” she said.

Patrick forced his voice to respond. “Oh really. And what exactly is it that you’re noticing?”

“That you’re too good-looking to be all alone” she said quietly.  “You must be waiting for someone.”

His eyes met hers.  They were quiet for a moment while the music played on.  It was then that Patrick realized he was speechless.  Her beauty was unveiled and was like nothing he’d ever seen before. Just her presence made him melt inside. 

He tried to compose himself as she leaned closer and whispered, “You’re coming with me tonight”.  He couldn’t respond as her hand grazed his thigh. 

Mary grabbed his hand as she led him out the door of the smoky bar.  As soon as the door closed behind them, Patrick turned her around and pulled her close.

“You continue to amaze me Mrs. Patrick Smith.  Happy anniversary sweetheart.”

They kissed gently before she pulled back and said, “How’s that for an old married woman?”

Patrick laughed while they began the walk to the parking lot.

“I wonder what the kids would think if they saw us now,” he said.

Mary smiled. “Tonight was as successful as it was 15 years ago.  Except this time, I won.”
© Copyright 2011 rbauer (rochelleb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812125-Seduction