*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1805148-Preface
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Preface · Action/Adventure · #1805148
A story I'm writing
Preface
         Isabella ran. She ran through the woods, through the bushes, under bridges, and down the street. Something was coming. Something was after her, but what? She didn’t know, but she knew someone who did. Cameron knew. He always knew the answer when something bad happened. She had to get to his house. But how was she supposed to do that? Whatever it was that was following her was right on her tail. She’d have to loose it before she got close or it might find her all over again.
         Isabella looked around as she kept her pace and took in her surroundings: a few trees here and there, a highway, a lake…but wait! There it was: the entrance to the Underground. If she put enough distance between her and the creature, she could easily enter into the Underground and follow the streets all the way to Cameron’s house. It was the perfect plan. Almost too perfect.
Isabella picked up her speed and darted toward the entrance. She lifted out of the middle of the street what looked like the cover to a manhole to anybody who saw it daily, but to her it was what she thought would be safety. Gingerly, she crawled down into the hole clasping the ladder with one hand while sealing the hole by pulling the cover back over with the other.
         Down the ladder, she headed toward her favorite place on this planet. She turned the corner and the magnificent light that poured out from the glorious chandelier burned her eyes. As she blinked to clear her vision, Isabella took in all that was surrounding her. The walls and ceilings were made from pure gold in almost a dome around the center of the room. The floor was made from sparkling gems that glimmered with the light from the chandelier. Isabella stopped looking around the room and closed her eyes.
         “Oh no,” she thought. “What have I done? I’ve walked right into it. I’ve walked right into a trap.” As she opened her eyes, her suspicions were confirmed. She looked around again and saw that the area was not buzzing with its normal, lively buzz like a busy beehive at the beginning of spring. Instead, she saw one man walking toward her from the front, one on either side, and she turned around to find another walking toward her from behind. The chandelier jingled and Isabella realized that whatever had been chasing her was now stomping above them. There was no way out. There was no way to get back to Cameron. And most importantly of all, there was now was she was going to be going home to see her brand new baby boy. It was over. She had to give herself up.
© Copyright 2011 Victoria (movielvr31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1805148-Preface