*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788511-Thief-part-2
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1788511
Continuation
Once he was in the basement, Thief set to work quickly. He hacked the elevator computer and after a few seconds the doors flew open. thief walked inside like going in the elevator was a daily routine. He rode up to the 18th floor a grin on his lips, the kind of smile a day-dreaming child might wear. The looped footage he had set the day before should be activating now, he thought. The doors opened, Thief pulled the brim of his midnight black fedora low and clutched the suppressed Berreta under his melted chocolate brown trench coat. He got to the office he was searching for quickly and started sifting through the files, he found the one he was looking for and opened it.It told him of Richard Desden, the last known owner of the Midnight Star. The star was a legendary gem which was said to eclipse the sun on the holder's whim.
"Stand down Thief, we have you now." a voice commanded behind him
Thief spun around and faced Shawn Marco, the detective who had been chasing him for the last two years.He was a large man with a close cropped beard and shaven head. His dark brown skin was covered with more scars than anyone dared to count. He looked a bit like an odd fusion of an African warrior and a world class martial artist, although he could probably best both in a fight.
"Marco my old friend how have you been?" Thief asked sarcastically, hiding the file in his sleeve.
Marco raised his gun, a custom Smith & Wesson .44 revolver "Face It Thief this time you're caught" he explained cautiously.
Thief smiled casually and announced "I'm not caught till the cuffs are on!"
Thief quickly drew his weapon as he fired two shots and jumped into the nearest window, shattering the class and falling out the building.
© Copyright 2011 Scroll of Legends (jatix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788511-Thief-part-2