*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775941-My-Prince
by Bonnie
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1775941
A dream, but reality is so much better.
I look out to the ocean on this beautiful morning, in this Caribbean paradise.
We are lying beside the pool in our secret hideaway. My husband is almost asleep... He gently stirs beside me drawing my eyes to him.
I start watching the rise and fall of his breathing - He is asleep.

My thoughts go back to the wedding day on Friday, was it a dream?
We are thousands of miles away from all that now.
My eyes begin to feel heavy and start to close. I quickly open them.
I do not want to lose this moment.
This feeling of peace and contentment is too precious to let sleep take it from me.

As the sun dances on my skin, I welcome the heat, that is so different from our weather back home.
The sounds of the exotic bird's singing, the gentle rush of the waves breaking on the shore and the sweet fragrance from the tropical plants all around me add to the bliss I already feel.
The contentment shines inside me, like the sun here that is impressing upon my skin.
I cannot stop the smile that emerges from my gladness. This sensation has me glowing.
I am sure no-one, but me has ever known this joy.
Given to me to me from the Gods above.
If I only have this for a brief time, I will remember forever. My perfect moment in time.

The touch of his fingers on my hand is exquisite He lifts it to his lips. The light touch brushing the back of my hand, the soft tone of his voice...


"Good Morning darling?"

"Good Morning William," I murmur.

"William, who is William?"

I blink. I realize my eyes have been closed. I focus on the face beside me. The laughter in the eyes. That feeling stays with me, as I see my very own prince before me.

"No more Royal Wedding highlights for you."

As he hands me a mug of steaming hot coffee, I look outside and see the rain, I am content. There is no-where else I'd rather be,
It was just a dream. Reality is so much better.
I lean forward and kiss his cheek,

"Good morning, My prince."

And they both lived happily ever after.
© Copyright 2011 Bonnie (bonniemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775941-My-Prince