*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775766-My-Fear-of-Driving
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1775766
Journal for creative writing of how my fear of driving developed about five years ago.
It happened about five years ago on a trip to the Outer Banks. it was a Friday night and we decided to go race at one of those gocart tracks, I was eleven at the time. I'd never driven anything other than my Barbie jeep in my life, and that was many years before. So, I get in, determinded to beat a bunch of my relatives who are revving their engines in their gocarts; mine was bright cherry red. Surprisingly, when the worker put down the flag I sped off with confidence, coming close to first. I kept that position until I was slammed off of the track by a stranger. By the time I got back on the track I was sure to be in last place, and believe me, I was pissed. The worker raised a bright yellow flag, which apparently meant slow down.(kind of obvious when you're not pissed..) So I kept going fast until I got to where the cars were, that's when I went to slam on brakes. I slammed, but instead of hitting the brake, I pushed harder on the gas. Slamming into my brother's gocart and having people scream at me was the worst feeling I have ever felt. He wasn't hurt but the thought that I could have been killed him if I were driving a real vehicle has never left my mind. And to this day, I am absolutely terrified of driving.
© Copyright 2011 Kristenthegr8 (kristenthegr8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775766-My-Fear-of-Driving