*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775758-Im-Positive
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1775758
Short story for creative writing about a girl who gets into trouble after lying to her mom
“This wasn’t supposed to happen,” Faith thought to herself as she sat alone in the cold doctor’s office “I’m a good kid.” She rested her head in her hands wondering why she was in this situation.
“Faith Jennings?” A nurse asked in an even tone.
She picked her head up and nodded. The nurse smiled and motioned her to come back. She picked up her purse and went with the nurse.
“It’s okay to be nervous, sweetie, most people are. But if you’re not sure this is the right decision we can always...”
“I’m sure.” Faith replied, cutting the nurse off.
“Alright, well step on the scale please.”
Faith did as she was told.
“5’6’’ and 133 pounds.” The nurse stated as she wrote the numbers down in her records. “Please follow me, Faith.”
The nurse walked her into a mint green room.
“The doctor will be here in approximately ten minutes.” The nurse informed her before she left.
Those ten minutes gave her enough time to analyze the night of why she was here. She had told her parents that she was going to go catch a movie with a few friends from church and then stay the night at a close friend’s house. Her intentions however were what got her into this doctor’s appointment. She went over to a new friend’s house to hang out with him. That’s when a couple of his friends came in with drinks that had names she couldn’t even pronounce. Being talked into how minor of a deal it was, they drank and drank and drank. With this drinking came violence, her new friend asked her to do things she wasn’t comfortable doing and when she tried to leave, he hit her, she hit him back. The other two friends got into it, and she couldn’t fight off three guys at once. They threw her to the floor and one guy picked up a chair, crashed it on her head and knocked her out. When she woke up, her pants were around her ankles and there was no one to be found. Knowing what had happened, she didn’t know what to do: should she call the police? What will her parents say? They’ll be so disappointed. What would the church think? What would her friends think? Everyone would think she was a whore begging for attention. So she went home, if she never mentioned the night to anyone and she never spoke to any of the boys again, she could pretend it never happened. That’s how she thought until her period was late. She thought it was nothing; after all it was her first time ever doing that with someone. So she waited and waited, but the period never came. Who would have guessed that the very thing she fussed about getting every month would now suddenly mean so much to her.
After school one day she went into the Walgreens in search for a pregnancy test, she had to find out what her fate was. “No other brand is more accurate” “Over 99% accurate results- contains three tests!” “So accurate it tells you how many weeks” captions like these flooded her brain as she walked down the aisle. Buying the one with three tests, she walked to the cash register and put it on the counter. The cashier, who was probably in her late 50’s looked at her and laughed. Embarrassed, Faith just stared at her feet and gave the lady exact change. She grabbed the box and went to leave but couldn’t help but notice before she left the old lady started singing “Another One Bites the Dust”. Mortified, she stuck the box into her purse and went to their bathroom. She closed the stall door, took a deep breath, and said a quick prayer before taking the test. She did the test and waited for the result, pacing around in the handicap stall like an idiot. Three minutes passed. She picked up the test and there it was: positive. She didn’t believe it, so she took the other tests home to try later; both came out positive.
The door crept open. “Faith Jennings?” The doctor asked with a calming tone.
“Yes ma’am.” Faith answered promptly.
“I’m Mrs. Manning and I will be giving you your abortion, I know you came in yesterday for the blood work, urine tests, and ultrasound and had the procedure and possible side effects explained to you, but do you have any questions?”
“Not a one.”
“Is there something you need to tell me? There are other options you do understand that right?”
“Of course I do. You’re not going to tell my parents though, right?”
“Everything that you tell me and the entire procedure is confidential; it’s your choice to tell them, but I highly recommend it. “
“So you’re sure you’re ready to start the procedure?”
“I’m positive.”



© Copyright 2011 Kristenthegr8 (kristenthegr8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775758-Im-Positive