*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774639-My-letter-to-a-service-man
by Bonnie
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Other · #1774639
Just a few of my heart felt thoughts to the guys in the military who perserve our freedom.
I am writing to you, A letter from home. There may be more coming to you guys as I am member of writing community online, and I thought that we should use our craft and skill as writers to send you guys a few words from home, to let you know that we are holding you all up in thoughts and prayers.
Without you guys over there, defending our freedom, would I have been able to travel home at Easter to visit my folks, YOU, are out there fighting for us to give us the peace of mind we live with every day. I thnak you for the liberty and freedom you give me every day.

My Grandpa always told us, that freedom comes with a price….
Never to be blasé about it, but to continually thank God for all of you, who put their lives on the line, to give us that continual freedom.

This is more than a morale booster, or homilies to you, it is a need to give you my thanks for being away from your families, for the all the worry they endure, when you are not safe in the bosoms of their love.

I am aware that some of you, maybe even you may not have a loved one back home, to send you mail, may I tell you when I decided to put this request forward to the members the response and feedback was tremendous.

Many of them wondered why no one had ever thought of it before.
I have been given so much support from them as they have mailed many of their groups to encourage to write to you all, that I feel that in the hearts and minds of your country men you are all held in the highest esteem.

For a minute or two, take your mind back to a time when you were part of the nation, enjoying that same freedom, that last walk you took, to your favorite place.
Whether it be the just out of town, or maybe you are a city guy, who enjoys the busy excitement of the a walk along a street in a vibrant city… a stop at your favorite diner…
Inhale the aroma of the coffee…. The sounds of the city or the country side, where ever you place back here is where you call home.

It’s all still here ….waiting for you, because you are preserving that.
And for that, I give you my gratitude, my thanks …and my admiration.
You are my hero……
God speed you home.

Bonnie.
© Copyright 2011 Bonnie (bonniemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774639-My-letter-to-a-service-man