*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767291-My-Blood-Drive-Experience
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1767291
My experience of giving blood for the second time.
Yesterday was the second time that I have given blood. I have been looking forward to it since the last time I donated in December. I couldn't even sleep the night before; I love the feeling of being a superhero I got after last time. So at 10:25 I gladly left my A.P. United States History class to go for my 10:30 appointment. After filling out my information I sat down and waited for my turn. I was brought to a section of private mat-type areas and had to fill out a questionnaire to guarantee I wasn’t pregnant, filled with STD’s, or on drugs. After having my finger pricked and being told I could donate I was taken to a folded out cushioned table to lie on. After about five minutes, they stuck the needle into my arm and it hurt like a b*tch. They couldn’t get any blood so they took it out and tried again. The second time was no better so they took it back out (I was filled with tears, the needle didn’t hurt nearly this bad in December.) and tried again. Luckily, the third time was a charm and after digging (owwww!) they got the blood. J People told me being stuck hurt really bad one time but three times was not any more pleasant. Although it was extremely painful, I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Is do it again in a heartbeat a pun? If so, it was unintentional.
© Copyright 2011 Kristenthegr8 (kristenthegr8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767291-My-Blood-Drive-Experience