*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765693-Zombieland
Rated: · Other · Other · #1765693
Flash fiction for Creative Writing class.
It was midday in July; everyone was either inside praising their air conditioner or swimming like there was no tomorrow at the public pool. Personally, I enjoyed walking around; even with the 90% humidity- it always gave me time to think. That is, until this particular day, when I lost my interest in walking alone to prolong my thought process. I was near Tenth Street when I heard a grunting noise that ended up in a deep snarl; I honestly thought someone was hit by a car. But then this thing came running after me, as if I were a sizzling filet mignon to a starving Rottweiler. His clothes were mangled and destroyed, it seemed as though there was something coming out of his mouth and there was this look in his eyes; a look that screamed ZOMBIE. “Crap, I’m going to be eaten by an insane zombie. I knew I should have memorized the rules from Zombieland!” I thought as I sprinted through the streets as quickly as I could. That’s about the point to which I was positive my life was over: I tripped over a dip in the sidewalk, and fell to the ground. While getting back on my feet in grabbed me. “Shit,” I thought, “who knew zombies could run so fast.” He spun me around, and to my surprise he wasn’t a zombie: he was a homeless man who saw me drop my wallet. He had a deep raspy voice, a long mustache that entered his mouth and apparently a heart of gold. So, it’s true, I lost my interest in walking around alone, now when I walk I find the homeless man who returned my wallet.
© Copyright 2011 Kristenthegr8 (kristenthegr8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765693-Zombieland