*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763168-My-Friend-Marc
by Bonnie
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Friendship · #1763168
Introducing Marc.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my distinct pleasure to introduce to you, my friend  Marc.
Born and raised in Southern New Hampshire, he then went north to college and stayed. He is happily settled with his dear wife, and son and daughter in Northern Maine.

After graduating, he taught high school for a time but his love for the land led him to follow his heart and now works as an environmental scientist.
I like to think we are safe by his work keeping diseases and bugs out of the food chain.

Marc has an interesting mix of French and Native American ancestry, so one can understand the poet in him.
He tries to live his life being true to his Christian beliefs.
Twice, he has contemplated entering a religious order.
He describes himself as philosopher and thinker striving to understand mankind in all its complexities and imperfections. 
It was in high school that he began writing, encouraged by his mom, who believed    given a gift. He had a short story published back then.
Life got in the way for a time he put his writing aside.
In the fall of 2009, the desire to write again became overwhelming, it now is a daily part of his life.
Reading his poetry one can see a man with heart for people.
The teacher in him re-emerged as he started up a writing group in rural Maine.

I, for one always leave feeling blessed when I have had a chat with Marc, he is a natural educator and encourager.
His talent has been noticed here on WDC, when he was invited to join the rising star's program recently. True to his nature he considered this invitation before accepting wondering if he was worthy of the honor.
I,  give the floor to a dear friend and neighbor.
Marc."

© Copyright 2011 Bonnie (bonniemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763168-My-Friend-Marc