*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756406-Ice-Princess
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Chapter · Fantasy · #1756406
In a mythical world two races fight lead by an evil king with a girl stuck in the middle.


Prolog



I wish I could tell you I’m the good guy, that I’m the knight in shining armor. But sadly I’m not; I’m the bad guy, the villain, the dark knight. By all rights I should be the good guy, yet for some sick twist of fate I’m not. My name is Kayleen, I may look sweet and innocent and like the white knight but I’m not. Get that out of your mind right now, get over your sadness, and harder yourself up for my story. I’ll give you a minute…Okay you good yet? Sorry but I don’t have the patience to wait for your bleeding heart to heal over the let down, I need to tell you my story. Remember that is why you are reading this, you want to know how my story is. So I guess I should get on with it, I really do hate telling my story you know, so you should be happy I’m. Idiot.

---


Tarnia is, or once was, a beautiful Kingdome, filled with peace and prosperity. The crime rate was low, and the smiles high, it was a wonderful place. Yet like every up there comes a down, and slowly the beautiful Kingdome began to deteriate. Well actually it wasn’t slowly, it was more like swift and pain filled. When King Hitlan came into power things changed. You see on Tarnia there are two races, soon to be three, the humans and the Sun Beasts. The Sun Beasts are human like in many ways, they walk on two legs, for the most part, eat, sleep, breath, well they do human like things like bleed and cry when hurt. Anyways though they are human in most ways there are some things that set them apart, some have extra…appendages, such as ears or tails, but what really sets them apart is their powers. Sun Beasts are marked by their Sun Mark, which is a swirl surrounded by lines to make a sun like design. You would think they would get more original name, Sun beast and Sun Mark? I swear people are stupid. The lines represents how strong the Sun Beast power is, 4 being the weakest and 8 being the strongest and I mean damn level eights are as amazing as they are rare.  Any ways these powers always relate to something with nature, some can shape-shirt, some can jump like a rabbit but really high, or some can breath fire, there are some very creative, and freaky powers out there. So long story short, Sun Beasts are ultimately cool but feared and human people are jealous and pity, especially the King.

You see King Hitlan is stupid, jealous, and a fool when grief stricken, oh and has too much pride; but that is being nice. It all started with his brat of a daughter, Sanchez, she was a Bitch and I don’t use that word freely. I mean this girl had major issues, her superiority complex, and her obsession with herself, her bipolar personality, and her scary thoughts when bored or scared. This girl was bored one summer so thought it would be smart to play with a Sun Beast, also knowing her father’s growing jealousy to these creatures and mad at him for not buying her the sparkly scarf she wanted. So she played with the Sun Beast named Roger, and strung him along. Soon he was head over heals in love with the girl, painting her golden and thinking she was pure. Boy was he an idiot, I mean how could you believe Sanchez was pure? She like slept with every guy that looked at her. Sanchez didn’t realize though that Roger had an anger problem, guess it came with his powers to shift into a tiger so he got the anger to go with it. Anyways he found her in bed with another guy and went berserk. YIEKS. He killed Sanchez and the guy and then in grief, with her blood on his hand, or paws? Claws?, he killed himself to join her in the after life, still in love in her. Can you spell IDIOT! Why should you follow her in death when you already caught her in bed with another guy? Well Needless to say King Hitlan went a little crazy but I think he was crazy to start with and he made the HUNTERS. Cue Freaky, scary music now.

Ok so here gets a little strange so just try and follow along.  The Hunters are King Hitlan’s attempt to recreate the Sun Beasts, but these guys under his control. So with a little bit of black magic he created them. The whole process is unknown to him, but there is one thing that is known. To make the Hunters he needs the blood of a Sun Beast. The blood makes the Hunters, and they are created almost out of thin air, no mother is needed or father. They just start off as a baby but a lot stronger at that age. At the age of 25 their aging starts to slow down, so that they age a year biologically ever 5 years. A Hunter looks like a human in ever aspect but what sets them apart is that they possess a tail and ears of a feline or canine animal. Sun beats don’t usually possess these appendages, their animal traits for some reason never having to do with these two species of animals (though there is the rare case of a Sun Beast having it). Anyways a Hunter has no powers like a Sun Beast but has heightened scenes, which usually depends if they are feline or canine in their ears or tail. Such as a feline Hunter may be more flexible and stealthy but a canine Hunter may have a better sense of smell. Hunters are raised by a young age to follow the King’s orders and try to please him and also to hate the Sun Beasts. They are practically brain washed to follow the King, but this makes them such great solders. These creatures are stronger physically then humans and most Sun Beasts which makes them very dangerous add to that their determination to succeed at anything they do. Yet there is one small catch that King Hitlan didn’t think about till after he made and so caused the deaths of a few Hunters; that the Sun Beast that blood that is used to make the Hunter must be kept alive. If the Sun Beast dies of any unnatural cause then the Hunters that are made from this Sun Beast’s blood will die also. So Sun Beast’s are often captured and kept captive, to make sure they are kept alive until they die of old age.  This of course doesn’t necessarily mean they are kept happy and in a good life style, most or kept chained and force fed so they can’t harm themselves or others. 

So now that all the players are told, we come to present day. Hunters are coastally searching for Sun Beasts to capture, or kill, because of orders of the king. Sun Beasts live in hiding, often in the mountains or forest, scraping by to survive. The Humans live happily in their own little world, untouched by the war going on between the Sun Beasts and the Hunters. So this is where our story starts, the fight for survival. So I guess we shall start on any random day to get this story started, so lets see….When I was born? Nah to boring. Childhood? TO spoiled. Ok I got it! Let’s start the day me and my father got into a huge fight.

© Copyright 2011 Animalgoddess22 (animalgoddess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756406-Ice-Princess