*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747998-Myrnins-Kiss
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1747998
a fiction twist of the morganville vampires series.
Myrnins kiss




Claire blinked open her eyes and peered at the clock on her nightstand. shit, she thought scrambling out of her bed. "I'm late, Myrnins going to kill me." She mumbled grabbing a pair of bluejeans and a green shirt off of the computer chair.
She ran out of her bedroom grabbing her backpack that was in the hallway. "Gotta hurry, hurry, hurry." She sang under her breath but she was soon stopped by shane in the middle of the living room.
"Where do you think your going?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.
"To work, remember I work now?" She said not meeting his imtimidating eyes. He scoffed at her.
"You mean that nutcase?"
"Yes, may I leave now?" She asked bluntly, she was already late enough.
"Yes, you may leave." He said and kissed her lightly on the lips. Ugh, boyfriends. Claire ran out the front door, and over to Myrnins place, once inside, she went under to where he was at, ignoring what sounded like Myrnin cursing lightly under his breath.
"Your late." He said not looking at her. Claire tensed up.
"Yes but, I-I ove-over slept, and then Shane-" She stuttered but Myrnin cut her off.
"Your boyfriend?" He asked putting down his chemicals and looked at her. She nodded looked at him.
"Yes, my boyfriend, havent you ever got caught up on something because of your girlfriend or something?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest, waiting for an answer.
Myrnin looked away, his eyes darkining and his dark hair falling in his eyes. "Yes, I've had a girlfriend, Ava, but you know... I killed her." He said, still not meeting her eyes. "I dont even remember the last time I've kissed anybody though." Said Myrnin, Claires heart sank. Poor Myrnin, she thought, That must really suck, not kissing anybody.
"I'm sorry." She said and he shrugged it off, they began to work on different stuff in the lab, Claire was sure on of the chemicals came out as Mountain Dew. A few hours later it began to get dark, Claire looked at her watch.
"Okay, I have to get home Myrnin, tonight its my night to make chili dogs." She said rolling her eyes. Myrnin nodded.
"Don't be late again Claire." He warned, giving her a 'look'. Claire nodded and began to walk up the stairs. "Claire?" Myrnin asked she turned around and he was right there.
"Myrnin?" She began to ask, but before she could say anything, Myrnin had pressed his lips agaisnt her. They felt soft, surprisingly. Her eyes widened, Shane was going to kick his ass. She thought, it was a deep kiss, she kissed him back. Claire didnt mean to either. What am I doing? She thought, mentally slapping her self. Her eyes fluttered closed, and then Myrnin broke away.
"What- what was-" She began, but Myrnin stepped down to the first step, breathing hard, and looking like he was having a hard time controling himself. But from what?
"Claire, go. Don't speak of this. Ever." He said, his eyes glowing a red. Claire nodded and ran out into the night Myrnins kiss still lingering on her lips.
© Copyright 2011 That one chick who loves hobos (mutatingvomit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747998-Myrnins-Kiss