*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747084-Dark-skys
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Dark · #1747084
A thousand year old vampire wakes up in our ccentury.
Prologue.


         "My lady?" The servant asked worriedly, "My lady? Wake up! My lady?' Jade was shaking her now, trying to wake her queen, but it was to no avail. Hanna wasn't listening anymore, she was too tired. All she wanted to do was fall into a never endless sleep. But, why couldny she hear Jade? All well, she was too tired to find out. The world was fading from her vision. I must be dying, she thought hazily. She had only one oher thought before death swept over. Finally she found the words, she grabbed jade by her sleeve and pulled her close. With her last breath she gasped: "Take care of thy daughter."
         With that she fell back care carelessly on the satin pillows. Head turned, wide, brown, almond eyes staring into nothing. Her brown curls, that excaped from her night cap, were flung across her pale, pale face. Jade moved her hand across the womens flesh, gasping only a little when she made contact with Hanna's cooling skin. with shaky fingers, she managed to close her queen's eyes. for they she shall never wake again...

Chapter One.
         The casket was Raven's least favorate color, pink. Not even hot pink, no cotten candy pink. Ew. But she was willing to forget all that because there, wearing a black corset over a crimson dress lied her mother. She always liked the attention her personality got her.
         She smiled, not because her mother was dead, that was tragic, but because of the fond memories they had together. They were a team. Raven would use the queens power do things maidens like her could never do. Such as ride a dragon, unheard of among the men in her village. Then there was the fact that she was a terrible cook. They say she shall never wed, yet she doesn't care what the nobles thank of her.
         Never mind that know, for memories are for the sad, and she cant show her sorrow. for today is not only her mother mothers funeral, but also her turn for the crown. hers because her beloved father slit his throat that terrible night when her mother was died, of oisen wine. leaving only her the last heir to the thrown, even if sheis only 16.
         she sighed, she was alone now all alone. wile she was thinking, everyone left. leaving only her and her deceased mommy. she walked slwly up to that dasterdly coven, and grasped her cold mothers hand. then with a shaky breath she whispered, ''good bye.''
         then she turned abrubtly and walked out . just as the flames started. tradition in the royal family, to burn the dead ones. and live like theres not a tomorrow. a single tear excaped her pain filled eye, and slipped down her porcealin skin.
© Copyright 2011 Raven Knight (deathbunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747084-Dark-skys