*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1741582-Hell
by a.hawk
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1741582
Horrible Consequences
Everywhere I turn seems to be a dead end. Does it have to be so dark here? I can barely see past my own hand in this place.It's so hot here...
Screams echo all around me in the darkness. Howls of pain blend together as they drift toward me. I have no choice, but to keep walking forward if I want a chance of making it out of here.
I use my hands to feel along the wall to make sure I'm heading straight. The walls have a stange texture to them. It was smoothe, yet you could tell their was something else mixed in with it. Am I choking? It seems like I'm struggling for air, like something is crushing my windpipe. Where am I?
I round a corner and see a distant light ahead. I run for it. Yes! I'm finally out! Thank heavens! I keep running and the light starts to get a strange tint to it. Darker almost, but I keep running.
I'm finally at the source of the light, but it's not the exit. People, everywhere, are being tortured by skeleton-like things with thorned whips. One by one the screams blend with the cracks from each of the whips, while lava and fire fall from above like rain.
I have to leave this place! I turn around to see the way I came blocked by the skeleton creatures gripping their whips. I scream and stumble backwards, slipping over the ledge and falling all the way down to land next to what used to be a human being. It was hard to tell for sure because its face and arms had been shredded completely away.
I scream and scramble to my feet right into the arms of the skeleton creatures. I struggled, but their grip was firm despite what they looked like. Against my will they made me look up into the soulless black eyes of their leader as he sneered,
" Welcome to Hell. "
© Copyright 2011 a.hawk (ahawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1741582-Hell