*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715942-Time-Fades-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1715942
This is the story of a female from a mythical race known as the Caomhnóirí, Nyxa Raiyne
Time is eternal. That’s what everybody assumes. It isn’t. No one understands. Time fades into the background of life. So do we. Who are we? We are your worst enemies, your best friends, your enigmas. We know time best, as it manipulates us, denying that is has been hours of training, claiming minutes. We know time is not eternal- there was a time when it didn’t exist. There will be again. As the saying goes, history repeats itself. Why shouldn’t time end, just as it begun, in chaos?

We are those that appear normal. We are those that appear to be geniuses. Either way, we have been denied the truth of the lengths of our lives. How do we know time isn’t eternal? We know because we are. My people are eternal, never dying. We have been around since before the beginning of time. We will no longer be denied the truth- we will end time as it tries to end us, claiming our lives never existed. We are not out for blood. No, we are out for the truth, no matter the expense. In the end, in the end of time, you will know us. Everyone will know us.

We are the Caomhnóirí- the Guardians. We are the eyes, the warriors of those on high. We hide in plain sight. Everyone you think you know could be one of ours. We do not want to harm those we live amongst. We want to be acknowledged for who we are- the immortal, eternal guardians of a broken world.

It wasn’t always this way. Once upon a time, we could live in our true forms, living in peace amongst our charges. Then Father Time betrayed us. He pointed out to those we watched over that we never died. We never get injured. It frightened the people and they began to exile us, scared of our power over them. The Caomhnóirí did not fight back- we will do no harm to those we are to protect, no matter how they treat us. We can end Time, though, replacing him with one of our own, who will not betray us. Do not fear us. We mean no harm, only good. We are here to protect, to guard, and to take care of the creations of the Higher Beings.
© Copyright 2010 N.R. Ansari (justbeingme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715942-Time-Fades-Chapter-1