*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715015-The-Dragons
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1715015
This story is about my sister's soccer team; the Dragons, and their determination
    This is gonna be a hard game" the coach says. "Its raining cats and dogs out there." As the team groaned, one girl stepped out form under the tent and stared at their competition. Without looking away she says "We can do this". When she finally turned around, a shudder rippled through the team. Hanna's normally brown eyes had turned black; they knew she was not going down easily.



    The whistle blew, and it's game on. the ball was quickly in the Dragon's possesion. Pass left, pass right, they left their opponents confused. the ball came under Hanna's foot and she shot. The ball missed the goal by 3 inches. The crowd groaned as the other team got the ball and shot. They also missed. By halftime, no one had scored a goal yet. The Dragons trudged uder the tent where the coach was waiting with their game plan. He knelt down their level and just said three words; Don't give up. He stood up and signaled to the referee that they were ready.



    The whistle blew again and Hanna snatched the ball. The Dragons grinned as they nodded in understandment; time to play invisible. The opponents ran around confused as they saw the Dragons feet kick a ball that wasn't there. Hanna quickly dodged the bewildered team and kicked. Goal! The Dragons had scored the first goal. The crowd cheered.



    With the taste of victory burned onto their tongues, the Dragons fought relentlessly. In what seemed a short time the game was over. Everyone held their breaths as the referee walked out into the middle of the field. He announced the winner; the Dragons won! As they cheered, the team looked at Hanna and breathed a sigh of relief. her eyes had faded back into brown.



As they ran to their families, the team saw the finale in their heads. They may not win, but as long as they had Hanna, there was always a story.
© Copyright 2010 mrobinson (mrobinson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715015-The-Dragons