*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714826-The-Battle-for-Delores
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1714826
A war has been going on for 100 years most of the Perdita empire is this is the last stand
Lord's and knight's stood there ground, in front of the last standing castle of the Perdita empire. Their swords at there sides, soldiers lost of their hope awaiting for the enemy to appear. The sun slowly sinking in the sky becoming dark in the falling sunset, shadow's of demons marched to the defending army. The general mounted on his horse, marching in front of the awaiting army rising his sword.
"Men" The general shouted as loud as he could.
"Today we will die for our empire "The general says pacing up and down in front of the army, who watched there the general saying his speech.
"We will show the archfiends our will to live, there blood shall cover the lands, there will be brought back to purgatory where once there came from, there will fall where the stand." The army inspired rising the weapons high, the general turned, standing his ground. The invaders marched closer and closer, the general risen his sword commending the archers to fire, arrows flying down on to the demons killing some of the weaker ones with ease. Once the demons had gotten closer, there gave an earth shattering roar making some of the soldiers to flee. The general lifted his sword again.
"For Delores, for Perdita, to death." The general shouted charging the demons, the army following him behind shouting their battle cry. The demons charged as the Perdital army had gotten closer, dragons flying above Delores castle breathing fire at the archers burning there skin. Screaming from the demons and soldiers, dying and fighting, the general charged at the balrog the leader the demons. The balrog roared as it swings its huge sword, killing some of the soldiers that followed as well as the generals horse.The general stands back on to his feet as he griped his sword tight running at the demon. The balrog roared again as it swings the flat end of the sword down at him. The generals heart raced as the pushed him back down onto the ground. His body limp, bones broken all he could see was his kingdom Delores burning and his soldiers dying, Perdita was coming to an end.

(Author's Comment this is my first story and I am not really that good a writing stuff please give your honest opinion as i like to try to improve and i like to know my mistakes)
© Copyright 2010 Gonzalo (drhojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714826-The-Battle-for-Delores