*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711049-The-Three-Polar-Bears---Chapter-One
by Rebs
Rated: GC · Chapter · Animal · #1711049
Introducing Omega, Silence and Invidi. All (C) me.
The bear sneezed and almost choked as an icicle was sniffed up his nose. ‘Hmph. Snow.’ Although a Polar Bear, he was the only one in the family who hated the cold. All who didn’t know him would say it was because he was getting old. But all who did know him knew that he hated the shimmering blanket of snow that was the North Pole.

It is well known Polar Bears tolerate the cold and snow and ice, and some may even like it. But Omega hated the white more than anything.

A cub came tumbling out of a hole, being pushed by his one brother and two sisters. ‘Wheee!’ He cried has he fell down the mountain of snow and into the resting Omega’s paws. ‘Ooph!

‘Hmph. Cubs.’ Omega huffed.

‘Sorry about Invidi, Omega,’ The mother called, ‘he’s a little exited today!’

‘He’s exited everyday.’ Omega groaned and rolled over.

‘But today, sir, we’re going fishing – and I’m gonna catch a whale!!’

‘Good luck with that. Invidi-idiot.’

The mother ushered her four children along to an icy patch in the ground, where she taught them to wait and watch for fishes.

Omega watched in boredom as the cubs got too impatient and started hacking away at the ice with their claws.

‘Hmph. Impatient.’ Omega huffed.

‘Oh, please, Omega,’ came a new voice, ‘you where like that once.’ It was Silence. Silence was a mysterious Polar Bear who often disappeared from his home for a month or two, and came back without warning. Each time he came back, he bore new battle wounds. Sometimes he’d come back with fresh ones, blood still oozing from the jagged scar – leaving a trail of red. But Silence was clever; he’d cover up all the blood so no one could see where he had been. So now, no one cared where he went or what he got up to.

‘You where also, and still are like that.’ Omega growled and, shakily got to his feet. ‘You where always the mischievous one, Silence. You’re name speaks for yourself.’

‘Silence.’ Silence whispered. ‘I’m glad I have that name. You should be glad of yours – it keeps you out of trouble.’

‘Silence, if you don’t shut up I’ll rip out all you’re blubber and eat it!’

‘I could beat you easy, old man, watch who you talk to!’

Suddenly, a young voice interrupted the fight. ‘Watcha doin’?’

The two Polar Bears looked down. It was Invidi and his siblings. Invidi was always the talkative and cheeky one in the group – the others just followed suit.

Silence smiled. Not for the first time, he wished he had a child of his own...
© Copyright 2010 Rebs (pegasusdragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711049-The-Three-Polar-Bears---Chapter-One