*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709976-Assignment-1-part-2
Rated: · Other · Other · #1709976
second part of the assingment
Gretel and Hansel live happily together with father in mansion he recently bought.


Exposition

The money he used to buy it came from the good fortune of his children finding it in the woods. However they have not always been so fortunate. Their farther used to be poor wood cutter who barely made ends meet. Also he had a second wife who often ill-treated the children and was forever nagging the woodcutter.


One day she had said "There is not enough food in the house for us all. There are too many mouths to feed! We must get rid of the two brats," she declared. And she kept on trying to persuade her husband to abandon his children in the forest.
Finally she became so insistent that the downcast woodcutter didn't know what to do.


Hansel had overheard his parents' conversation, and comforted Gretel saying” Don’t worry! If they do leave us in the forest, we'll find the way home," he said. And slipping out of the house he filled his pockets with little white pebbles, and then went back to bed.

That night, the woodcutter's wife had harped on and on at her husband till, at dawn. So he led Hansel and Gretel away into the forest. But as they went into the depths of the trees, Hansel had dropped a little white pebble here and there on the mossy green ground. At a certain point, the two children had known that their farther had deserted them. He had mumbled an excuse and promised to return, which they had clung too.

But when night fell the woodcutter had not returned. Gretel sobbed bitterly
The children had been panicked until the moon came up allowing them to see where they were going. Hansel had taken Gretel’s hand and lead her home by following the trail of pebbles he had left. So they had arrived home safely and had slipped into their bed unnoticed by their parents.

But their happy return was short lived. By morning their step mother had discovered them and locked them in a room and gave them bread and water.

Again they were lead by their farther deep into the woods. Hansel this time was not worried because knew to leave a trail. However this time he had used bread to leave the trail, which the Hungary birds ate. So this time when it was dark they found they could not find the way home.

So they had walked and walked until suddenly they reached a strange cottage in the middle of a glade. This cottage was not an ordinary cottage it was made of confectionary. The roof and walls were made of gingerbread, the plaster was made of chocolate and it decorated with a variety of different sweets.

When Hansel first saw it he had gasped "This is chocolate!" as he had broken a lump of plaster from the wall. Gretel had also been excited and exclaimed "And this is icing!" as she had put another piece of wall in her mouth.

They had broken of pieces of candy and eaten them until the door of the cottage had quietly swung open. An old woman with a crafty had peered out and said “well, well haven’t you children a sweet tooth?" Then she had proceeded to invite them in promising more delicious goodies inside.

However, she was had been old witch and had built the cottage the cottage for catching unwary victims. The two children had come to a really nasty place.

Then the witch had pushed Hansel into a cage and forced Gretel to do the house work.
She had intended to eat the children but she found that they were too thin. So she feed the children candy in an attempt to fatten them up.

Each day she had said to Hansel "Let me feel your finger!" said the witch to Hansel every day to check if he was getting any fatter. Luckily Gretel had realized she had bad eyesight and had brought her brother a chicken bone. So when the witch went to touch his finger, Hansel held out the bone.
"You're still much too thin!" she had complained. When will you become plump?"

One day she had become impatient and ordered Gretel to light oven. She had licked her lips saying "We're going to have a tasty roasted boy today!" A little later she had grown more impatient, and went on: "Run and see if the oven is hot enough." Gretel had returned, whimpering: "I can't tell if it is hot enough or not." Angrily, the witch had screamed at the little girl: "Useless child! All right, I'll see for myself." In the few moments she had bent down to peak in the oven Gretel had pushed her in. She had quickly shut the oven door and found the key to cage hung on the wall.

Just as she had been ready to leave the room she noticed a curious looking wooden chest。 She went and opened the chest and had found a bag of gold coins and took them with her, Then she freed her brother and both of them ran not knowing where to.

They had run for miles until finally luck would have they reached the edge of the woo\d near their house. They had seen their coming out of the house towards them, weeping.

climax
He told them their step mother had died and hugged them. After that they had told him the new of the gold coins.

resolution
So here they are today living together in the mansion with the past behind them.
© Copyright 2010 The Modern Day Nomad (siobhant at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709976-Assignment-1-part-2