*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709696-Ripples--some-for-you-none-for-me
Rated: · Other · Other · #1709696
Read for yourselves...
The sun is setting. I sit on the grass. It is soft and green. The sky is a hue of orange and it reflects on the still water in front of me. So I throw a pebble.I watch the ripples on the surface. I throw another pebble, and I watch more ripples form. The ripples are like my memory, fading slowly. I remember the times we laughed together, cried together. The warm summer nights when we sat sharing our lives will always remain vivid. The things you said and those moments of silence continue to ring in my ears.

I will always remember those hot summer afternoons, where we spent hours together, with not a care in the world. The times where all we had was each other are just things that I cannot seem to forget. Your memory still brings back the same feeling and nostalgia. The pages of my memory flip through those endless fights and heated arguments. I relive those tough times and the days of separation.

The ripples remind me of our ever-changing relationship. They take me back to that one day, when we sat looking at the ripples and it all changed. We spoke about feelings being like the ripples, changing in form and eventually disappearing. We promised to never be like the water or the ripples, we promised to remain still. Then I'm taken back to the time when there were no more pebbles, and no more ripples, because there was no time for conversation and no room for confrontation.

Why can't I seem to remember what you told me that evening? Because my memory is fading, just like you and the ripples.
© Copyright 2010 BreathingWords (rishikam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709696-Ripples--some-for-you-none-for-me