*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1707039-If-I-Were-An-Animal
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1707039
a story about appreciating God's creatures.
If I were an animal, my lifestyle would be a bit different than that of a human. My life would be more adventurous, out there in the wild, living very close to mother nature. If I were to be an animal, I would choose to be three different animals for a day each.

            If I were a great white shark, I would be feared by the biodiversity of the marine creatures living in the same ocean as I am. As a great white shark, I could be in any part of the deep sea in the world or in tropical and temperature oceans. Living in the ocean, I would be swimming about here and there; swimming against the movements of the strong waves or during a stormy day, I would be fighting against the strong tides of the crystal clear blue ocean that would look more like pure black ink during the night. I would treasure every moment in the ocean from the wide variety of sea plants; seaweeds, algae, sea anemones and to the treasures of marine creatures such as crabs, leather back turtles, sturgeons, starfishes, clams, oysters, seashells and corals. The ocean is so rich with lots of beautiful and tasty fish. My stomach would rumble when I smell fish or squid nearby or even a kilometer away. I would swim very fast like a shooting rocket towards the prey. I would eat all kind fishes from small fishes such as: anchovies, herring and pilchards, lying fish and to the bigger fishes such as: angelfish, archer fish, barber fish and common squids. Sometimes, I would smell swimmers a kilometer away and I would immediately shoot like a comet towards them. As a great white shark, I would use my mouth like a giant trap. When I catch my prey; the human, I would close rows of razor sharp teeth around it. Then, I would roll over, tearing out huge chunks of meat. I would be the most dangerous shark ever known. But humans still take the risk to catch me with their strong nets, despite my flexibility, speed and my weight which is about 3 tonnes and my length which is around 6 meters. If I could be a great white shark for a day, enjoying the beautiful nature of the sea...

          If I were a white tiger, I would have a pair of blue eyes, a pink nose and creamy white fur covered with stripes. You could say that I am pretty good looking. I would sleep in a dark, cold cave. When I sleep in the cave, my thick soft fur would be resting on the moist soil. The surrounding cool air would serve as a natural air cooler.  As white tigers are very good swimmers, I  would often go for swims.  I would swim on hot afternoons from when the sun is burning hot and sometimes till when the cool night creeps into Africa. Sometimes,  I would be lucky if there was any fish in sight. I may not be a fast runner like the cheetah, running with the wind, as fast as a lightning. Life would be like a breeze for the cheetah though. But , I would be stealthy enough to catch my prey. While I am resting on the grass of the African jungle which would feel more like a carpet, I would be admiring the picture perfect beauty of the wonderful scenery around me. Whenever I see a beautiful deer grazing the grass,  saliva would ooze out from my mouth. My rumbling stomach would give me the desire to hunt after it. I would chase after it although it's speed may be challenging.  But in the end, the speed of  the deer stands no chance against my sleek and stealthiness. I would pounce on it, my sharp claws; gripping onto it's skin causing blood to ooze out from it's body. I would then bite into it's flesh and lick it's blood. While I would be enjoying my life as a deadly predator in the African jungle, hunters with their guns after me would be the deadliest threat ever. If only I could be a white tiger, living my life peacefully , close to nature without the threat of humans...
                   
          If I were an eagle, I would be flying sky high. Flying about like an airplane. I would spread out my beautiful wings, flying in loops and circles.  I have a pair of very sharp eyes. From a very high distance up in the sky, I could even spot a squirrel running on the jungle basement. I would fly like a speeding rocket. The prey stands no chance against my incredible speed. Little animals such as birds and chickens may be afraid of the snake. The snake maybe a dangerous predator, but the snake itself would be like a little rat to me. When I catch a snake, it would not be an easy catch, as it would try it's best to coil me around tightly or even scare me away with it's loud hisses. So, there would be a little fight between us. After a long struggle, the dead snake would finally be my meal. I maybe one of the world's most dangerous flying predator, but humans are a threat to me. Their guns and traps would scare me.Sometimes if I am lucky,  I would peck on them and quickly fly away. If only I could be an eagle,roaming around the sky whether during dawn or during sunset, settling down in comfortable nests high up on the tree, feeding my young s  and protecting them without having fear for the humans...

          But I am just a little girl yearning to be 'them'. But,  I will have to live in fear of the humans. So,  I would rather be grateful for what I born into....Now , here I am in my dining, eating mom's home baked cookies and staring at the beautiful scenery outside the kitchen window.

       
© Copyright 2010 diviyah (diviyah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1707039-If-I-Were-An-Animal