*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702505-the-car
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Maddie
Rated: · Essay · History · #1702505
The history of the car!


The car is an every day thing in our lives. Most people own one, two or sometimes even three. There are different types of cars and new ones come out on to the market all the time. But dose anyone actually know when they were made or who by even. Well I decided to investigate.

Who invented the car?

The first thing that I leant is that the first cars were not run on gasoline. They were run by steam. The first car was built in France in 1769, by a man named Nicolas Joseph Cugnot. This contraption had 3 wheels, a coach assembled in the middle and a huge boiler on the front. It did not catch on as it had more drawbacks then advantages. So, many vehicles passed by like the electric car, The Gurney Steam Coach, La Mancelle and so on. The steam powered cars were not efficient enough so people were trying to come up with a different one. In 1860 a man named Etienne Lenoir created a thing called the Internal Combustion Engine. Then the years passed and a better internal combustion engine was made by a man named Augustus Otto. This is much the same as the engines we use today.


Why was the car invented?

The car was invented because it was an easier was of transport. Also this form of transport unlike others came with the extra bones of freedom and in this process it created more jobs and strengthened the economy.


What was the first car?

The first car was a Mercedes Benz. It was invented by two men named Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler. They formed a company by the name of Daimler-Benz. This then turned into Mercedes Benz. Daimler- Benz turned into Mercedes Benz because of a man named Emil Jellinek. He was a car seller and had a daughter named Mercedes. Every car that he selled he named after her. This company name has stuck with it ever since.

Today’s cars!

The cars that we drive in this day and age have been a huge step from what they used to be. Now they are more efficient and can fit more people. Every car has a brand the most known ones are Holden, Ford, Toyota and Mazda. To drive a car you need to be 16 to get your Ls 18 to get your Ps and then after that you can get your full license.

The car and me!

I choose to do the car because every time that I need to go somewhere someone can drive me. This way I do not need to wait for trains or boats or even walk. Also the car helps my family get to where ever they need to go.
© Copyright 2010 Maddie (xo-love-xo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702505-the-car