*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700303-Fruits-of-Eden
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Drama · #1700303
A woman is dying and regretting her life, a very sad story that makes you think



Fruits of Eden






You are sick.

Not the masochistic, internal sick.

You are dying.

People try to help you. Every kind of person does. A lot of people are trying to kill you as well.

You want to be healthy again. You wish to see the sunrise without the awful sensation of heat from in the pit of you stomach, as one might say.

Each breath is torture, you have been internally poisoned. It is inevitable. You will die.

However it can’t be so dire; everyone dies eventually, everything living that is. All of your children, all of your loyal pets, they will die, except no one else dies so slowly, so torturously.

You try to speak, you cannot. The only way you can try to ovay some sort of message is by gestures. No one can understand you. It becomes unbearable.

Someone does help you. You can feel them demur against your part. You know people are hurting you and at the same time people are trying to murder you.

You are not as rich as you used to be. After so many years of this biting sickness, you are losing what was yours in the first place; you are not selfish, in the least, though. You try to help others as much as you can. Even in your weakened state. You give people what was yours in the first place, you give them clothes, you give them money, and you give them bread.

The sun beats down on you. You remember when you were born. Not many people do, but you remember everything.

Your memory is perfect. Your mother, the macrocosm, granted you the power to help others. You took that offer, you grew, enormously. You sufficed in providing food and shelter to the people who needed it the most.

You own many animals. They are dying too. They miss their owner. You want to help them like you did when you first started. You want to talk to them again.

Dogs, cats, rabbits, they were all your friends.

So many of them died already, the greatest or warriors died out as well. You don’t feel as bad for them.

You created evil, as well as good. You provided the seed for you children. You created the way they think and the way they perceive others. You thought they could do well.

Most of them did, all of you children helped you at first. They played their part in hurting you as well. That was apparent from the start.

Your children grew greedy; they wanted it all for themselves. The fruits you gave were not as sweet. The shelters you bore were not as great.

Jealously, betrayal, dishonesty, overwhelmed you children. They turned against you in so many ways, some without realizing it.

You have failed, and now you are dying.

It will take a few hundred million years to die; you have 20 million, at the least. You have to watch your children turn against each other and attack one another. You cannot help them. You must watch them fight, and help in any way you can. That what mothers do, they stick by their children through everything.

The pain weakens you.

The sun, you best friend, your only companion.

He turned against you tool. He enjoys watching your children die. He poisoned you as well.

Many tried to bring you down. Terrenes of many shapes and forms fought you in the beginning, and they will come again.

Time is your friend as well as your enemy.

Time, a beacon in the life of humanity, time is your greatest enemy and also your greatest ally. It has the power to heal your children, the power to make you suffer, the power to create evolution and thus a brain.

Time also doesn’t exist. That’s the irony of your situation. You know that it will kill you, and then it will obliterate in the galaxy, and then make you start anew.

Planet Earth, mother Earth, you are neither and both. You are the creator and the destroyer. You will not suffice.
© Copyright 2010 Sakura Avalon (softlyfeather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700303-Fruits-of-Eden