*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693588-Love-and-jealousy
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Adult · #1693588
they fall in love but he keeps pushing her away.Will Ann find love somewhere else?
It was a dark room with as many as six tables,if not more,set all around the four walls.In the center was standing,a man,in his own thoughts,trying to make sense of his life.
It was in 1913 on a morning of july that David Bloom came into this world.Born and bred in a family with many problems,not financial though, he had turned out to be very averse towards women and love.David Bloom believed in solitude,lived all alone in a small house,mostly in his room of experiments. He inspired to be a scientist some day but hadnt been very successful. He would make small, average paintings and sell them on the roadside and outside restaurants to make a living for himself.Blooms’ parents had died when he was 12 years old and since then he had to fend for himself.They left him a mansion,as big as 40 houses put together but he left it behind,his past was something he did not want to be reminded of.The fights between his parents,his abusive father and his mother who would nag all day long.No,his past was not something he wanted to remember for very long.That was the reason he earned enough money through his paintings and bought a house,small but comfortable for someone like him.David didnot have any friends,or chose to not have any….
For him life was fine,maybe a little depressing but fine,until one day outside one of the restaurants where he sold his paintings,came a woman of long stature,beautiful eyes and an angelic face.From the moment he saw her David got lost in the very depth of her eyes.The lady came everyday to buy his paintings.He soon got to know more about her.Her name was Ann Hawk.She came from a wealthy family and was a qualified accountant, working in one of the finest banks of those times.The more they talked the more they fell for each other.One day she invited him to visit her at her manssion.That was the day David Blooms life changed forever in ways that proved to be very difficult for him to understand…
A week after the invite,David was standing at the front door of Ann’s mansion.Dressed in a brown shirt and jacket paired with a decent pair of jeans,he looked like quite the gentleman.He prayed that the meeting would go down well.In the pit of his stomach he felt sick.’It’s because I haven’t fallen in love with anyone before.That’s the only reason for this feeling.It will go away David,everything will be fine.’He kept repeating the same lines over and over again, every time getting an image of his father hitting his mother right across the face, every time he strived to push the image out his head and yet it kept coming back.Five seconds after he rang the doorbell the door was opened by Ann herself.She was dressed in a blue dress which enunciated her curves to their limits.Her long clean-shaven legs had a shape to them that would make any man smile in admiration.”Come in David,welcome”She said with a smile that lit up her whole face.David returned her smile and stepped inside and looked around the front room.Beautiful statues that were probably very old were arranged stylishly around the room that was lit up by lamps that gave the room a soothing feeling.Ann led him from the door to the sofa “Sit down,I’ll tell the maid to get you some refreshments.Please consider this to be your own home.”Ann walked out of the room into the kitchen and after a few minutes, she, along with her maid, came out carrying trays of refreshments.She sat down beside him and soon both started to talk and joke around with each other but, never did David speak about his family or his past.Ann did not inquire.She told him everything about her family.”This mansion was built by my grand-dad.He was one man to be jealous of” She laughed “He had brains that were un-matchable.There was never a man who could think like him.He had a mind that was purely for business.He earned money in ways no man could have thought possible. Grand-dad made money doing odd jobs and his most passionate way of earning was betting on horse races.Never did he lose a bet on any horse.I don’t know how he did it but he would tell me it was all about statistics.What his statistics were, I never understood.Then he met a wonderful woman on the race track one day and they fell in love. sO much so that my grand-dad built this mansion for her.She thanked him by marrying him. Then came my dad.He was also one with alot of brains but maybe not the complete package that his father was.He wasn’t one to take care of his appearance until, one day his sight fell on a college girl who looked to him, to be more beautiful than the moon.But, that girl wouldnt even look at him,his appearance put her off completely.That was the day my father went to his father for a make-over and the rest, you know…..I am the result of their love and devotion to each other.I miss them right now.They’ve gone to England for four years on a business trip, so I’m all alone in this big place.The maids arent exactly very good company”Ann joked with a slight smile.David smiled too. He liked this girl and wanted to know more.”So how did you become interested in accounting?Do you have that extra sharp brain too?” He inquired with humour in his voice.Ann gave a hearty laugh and began “It was when……..” Yes, the night had gone down well.David was happy………

*more to come*
© Copyright 2010 monkeygoes1 (monkeygoes1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693588-Love-and-jealousy