*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1689107-Prolgue-The-Room
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1689107
A horror story that I am currently writing. Horror is not my style but I'm trying it.
As I walked into the dim-lit room the stench of rotting flesh filled my nose, and equipped the atmosphere with a sort of denseness that I am unable to describe, much less comprehend. Walking Further into the darkness my stomach began to twist and knot in my belly, until it felt as if it was seconds away from leaping up my neck and landing on the floor. Each step closer towards the source of the smell, my blood thickened and slowed in my pulsing veins, and in between each beat of my heart, the fluids felt as if they would clot, freeze, never to flow again. I was almost to the desk, and the darkness was finally beginning to decrease because there was a small, swinging light hanging down from the ceiling. Although I was comforted by the little light there was, the scent of decomposition was growing stronger in intensity.
I leaned over the desk gripped with trepidation so superior, that I felt as if I was no longer in a dark room, but an unfathomable abyss. A black void that I had somehow been sucked into by a massive shadowy entity. A spacious chasm, which had shut its gaping jaws with a sound that I knew meant no escape. Suddenly, I was awoken from my nightmarish dream by the sound of loud buzzing. Opening up my mind's eye, I realized that I had been staring at the body that lay there the whole time! My body and mind must have just been thrown into shock. However what I saw on the ground defied explanation. There lay what looked like a clump of decomposing organic matter. Looking closer I identified and eye socket in which maggots and insects were crawling in and out of, infesting his mangled and mutilated remains. The body was tattered and ripped past the point of recognition, and the disturbing odor and graphic sight was so horrific, I only was able to stomach a glace at the horrendous pile of death.
© Copyright 2010 hackster117 (hackster117 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1689107-Prolgue-The-Room