*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685424-Forgotten-Memories
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1685424
A 15 year old gets an injury and loses her memory. Her friends have to help get it back.
Mary-Lynette looked up to see her parents, who were drenched in blood. She looked outside the window, and saw a car crashed into hers. All she heard was sirens. She looked down at her hands. They were so red you couldn't see any of her pale skin tone. She saw flashing lights in the head-mirrors. She tried to open the door but her body failed. She tried to speak but couldn't think of anything to say. She saw men in bright green coats. They seemed to shimmer in the flames.
"Are you hurt?" asked one of them. She looked outside her broken window, and saw a tall man with one of those green jackets looking at her. "Are you hurt apart from your hands and arms?" he asked. Mary-Lynette didn't know. She didn't know what to say.
"I don't know.." she told him. He bashed open the car door, and lifted her up.
"Can you lift up your legs for me?" he asked her. She lifted them up with no trouble. He put her down, but she immidiatly fell.
"W-whats happening?" she seemed to ask him.
"Don't worry. Did they hurt when I put you down?" he asked. Mary-Lynette shook her head. He nodded. "It might just be a reaction. You can move them alright, but you can't walk. Not just yet. You will be fine soon though" he told her and smiled. Mary-Lynette nodded. The medical man lifted her up. He started to take her into an Ambulance, when she started saying something she regretted.
"Where are my parents?" she asked him. He walked over to the car, and she saw four medical men cleaning her mum and dad. She looked away. They were drenched in blood, and had scratches and scars all over them. "Are they alive?" she asked him.
"Yes. They are in comas. But after a week they will be awake. Its not a deep coma, just a small one. Like they are asleep." He told her comfortingly. "Now, we need to get you to the hospital. We need to exanime you all over." He told her, firmly.
"Ok, but I would like a review of my parents and how they are doing when you have finished" she told him, like a teacher. The medical man nodded.

About an hour later they were in the hospital. Mary-Lynette was getting her hands clean, and having bandages over them.
"What happened to my hands?" she asked the Lady. As she sniffed, because she had been crying, she smelt a flowery perfume.
"I'm not sure, but something about the explosion must have caused them to be like this" she told Mary-Lynette. She nodded as the Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers carried on placing thick bandages.

An hour later, the doctors were checking Mary-Lynette over. She was lying still on a bed, while they examined every part of her. They started to take her top off.
"What are you doing?" she asked one of them, and rolled it back down.
"We have to take an examination of your full body. Now, would you like a women to do this to you?" he asked. "Seeing as you both have the same parts to your body." He said. Mary-Lynette nodded.
"That would be very nice, thank you."

A few minutes later a lady came in the room. As Mary-Lynette carefully looked up, she saw it was The-Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers. She was happy to see her again.
The-Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers started to examine the chest part of her body.
"A few deep cuts, we need to get stitches on those. But don't worry, it will all be fine." The-Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers told her.
"When are you going to do those?" asked Mary-Lynette.
"Sometime soon" The-Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers told her. "But for now we need to put a few plasters on those cuts. The ones that pull it together. Then, we need some bandages to wrap round your body." She told one of the medical men. He nodded and walked out the room. The-Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers carried on examining her body. She got up to her head. The-Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers stepped backwards. She looked down at the test papers, and back up at Mary-Lynette.
"Whats wrong?" asked Mary-Lynette.
"You have memory-loss." Said The-Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers.
"WHAT?" Cried Mary-Lynette. "But how did I remember my parents?" she asked.
"Well that one is just lucky. Most people don't, and their parents have to prove it to them. Thats always a tragic story, but we always figure it out in the end." She told Mary-Lynette.
"Will I ever get my memory back?" Mary-Lynette asked The-Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers.
"Well, most of the time people do. You see, the more people get you to remember them, the more memories come back." The-Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers told her.
She left the room to see where the medical men had got to. Mary-Lynette was left sitting by herself.

After about five minutes, The-Lady-Who-Smells-Like-Flowers came back.
"Sorry, they had trouble finding the plasters." She told Mary-Lynette.

After they had bandaged and plastered Mary-Lynette up, the medical man who helped her out of the car came in.
"I came to help you get to your ward, and to tell you your parents are fine. They are in a coma, and after we did the tests we found out that they are going to be awake in a few hours, but have to stay in hospital for a week. Your mum has a broken rib cage, and your dad has a broken leg. But, after their out, your still staying in. You will have to stay in for about a month or so, just until you get most of your memory back. If you don't and it has been a month, then we will let you out, and you will have to stay off school. When your parents think your ready to go back to school, we will give you some tests, and then if we think your fine you can go back. If not, then you will have to gain more memory. It's simple. Kind of" he said. Mary-Lynette just nodded. The medical man put her in a wheel chair, and he pushed her to her ward.

Some nurses came through and gave her some things to do. When the others left, she was left with, a book, a plant pot, seeds, a small watering can and a small pack of soil. She thought about why they gave her a plant, and looked at the packet of seeds.
A good luck plant. Very rare. Golden petals, with a golden base. Gives you good luck.
Mary-Lynette put the seeds down, as another nurse came in.
"Hows your head?" she asked.
"It doesn't actually hurt. Why? Is it meant to?" Mary-Lynette asked.
"Usually people get headaches, but you must be one of the lucky ones. Look, I came here to give you this Diary. It's for time in the hospital and when you go home. Well, if you still have room left. If you don't, then we have another one." She said. The nurse put another diary in a drawer.
© Copyright 2010 cukibear.. (cukibear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685424-Forgotten-Memories