*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683312-Shipped-Off
by tiera
Rated: · Chapter · Drama · #1683312
The second installment of Thalia's story.Will her dad make a choice that changes her life?
"What?" Thalia asked.

"I said-"

Thalia interrupted, "I know what you said! I just..I just don't believe you."

"Thalia," he said. "Would I lie about something like that?"

Knowing her father, Thalia replied, "No."

"Honey," he said, holding her close. "I'm sorry."

They were tangled in a hug, both crying, sitting outside the room that they each official dreaded. In there lay Thalia's mother and baby sister, who she never even got to see. Now, though, she wasnt sure if she wanted to see her. It would only make things worse.

When the remaining Dean family was able to get a hold of themselves, Thalia's father explained to her that he wouldn't be home for a few days, and that she was to take a bus home with the money he handed her. Thalia stuffed the cash in her pocket and trudged out the hospital doors.

The whole of the walk to the bus stop, she just stared at the ground, watching the tears drip off of her face. She still couldn't believe she would never see her mother again, atleast not alive.

She wondered what was to become of her, because her father would always be gone for work. Her dad was a truck driver, so he was never home, usually not even in town, and she couldn't just live by herself.

Living with other family members, like her grandparents, aunts, or uncles was out of the question, because she knew her dad was against it, even if it was just to stay with them for a few days, her dad did not like the idea. Thalia had no idea why.



(-Story is not complete, I just cannot write right now.Will write more soon-)
© Copyright 2010 tiera (tiera98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683312-Shipped-Off