*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682443-meeting-the-family
by Paige
Rated: · Other · Other · #1682443
so worried about metting my new family so many questions... yikes
Alright so it has been about 5 days since dad adopted me. I have now found my way around the house and Dad and i are really connecting. Last night he told me that I was going to be meeting the rest of my family. Oy i am going to be meeting a lot of people today. I am so nervous i dont know if im going to be able to do this. Ever since dad told me about it i have been going through things in my head over and over again. "Will they like me? Am i going to fit in?" I kept thinking these questions over in my head.
I was getting ready for the big day when dad came into my room.
"Knock, Knock, sweetheart are you dressed?" He asked.
"Yes daddy you can come in." I said sitting down at my vanity that dad bought me along with some cute clothes. I felt kinda guilty taking all of these nice things but i never asked for them, dad said they were a gift.
"Hey you have some people here to see you." He said smiling.
"Dad i know that smile anywhere. Who is here?" I asked standing up in the cutest dress ever.
"Well howdy, we are here to see you." It was Mickey.
"Ahhh Mickey, Sophie, Hannah oh my gosh i cant believe that you are here." I said running up to them and hugging them. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked.
"Your Daddy invited us, if your new family is going to meet one member of Rascal Flatts then they sould meet every member." Sophie said.
"Yeah we know your Daddy is going to get you through today but we are too." Hannah said. I ran over to dad and gave him the biggest hug i have ever gave him.
"Thank you." I said to him.
"You're welcome baby girl, i thought this would be a good way for you to meet the family." he said then he kissed me on my head.
"Paige your house is so beautiful, did you see your celings you have Peter Pan and Tinkerbell on them." Mickey said.
"I know its so cool." I said. Tinkerbell and Peter Pan have been my favorite disney characters for ever!! Dad was really happy to hear that when i told him.
"So your room is so cool." Sophie said sitting down on my bed.
"Yeah red and black all the way." I said giggling. I saw dad out of the corner of my eye he was smiling. He looked really happy that i was happy which made me more happy. "Hey I see you smilin over there." I said. He giggled.
"So Daddy when are these family members coming?" I asked hugging him close to me.
"Welll in about 20 minutes they should be arriving." he said kissing me on top of my head.
"Awesome, hey what do you guys think, should I wear my glasses or contacts?" I asked.
"Hmmm Paige i think you should go with glasses." Hannah said.
"Yeah me too." Sophie said.
"Im with them partener." Mickey said.
"Daddy what do you think?" I asked.
"You look pretty either way." he said.
"Glasses then." I said putting them on. Soon the doorbell rang, dad said to stay in my room with my band and he will come and get us. It had been about a half hour and we were getting kinda bored. Soon enough dad came up.
"Alright sweetheart everyone is here they are all downstairs waiting to meet you. Are you ready?" He asked. I nodded my head but i was really really nervous inside. "Alright let's go." He said. I nodded and didnt move. "Are you coming?" He asked.
"Yeah." I said. I still didnt move.
"Baby is there something wrong?" He asked. I sighed.
"Yes." I said.
"Whats the matter?" He asked sitting next to me on the bed.
"Im worried that they wont like me. That im not going to fit in. You come from a family of Pop singers and blues and R&B, dont you think a little country girl is going to ruin that?" I asked hanging my head.
"Oh sweety they are going to love you. It doesnt matter what kind of music you sing, my mother, your grandmother loves country, trust me sweetheart they are going to love you." He said hugging me.
"You really think so?" I asked.
"Of course." He smiled.
"Alright let's go." I said. I was holding his hand it was the softest hand. When we got the end of the hallway i stopped.
"Oh no i cant do this." I whispered pulling back.
"Sweetheart you'll be fine im going to be with you the whole way." He said. I could tell his words were true. I needed to play some music to calm me down. I also knew that music would keep me away from drugs and alcohol. I nodded my head and we kept on walking. Once we got to the stairs i saw a million people down there. "Oh my god." I thought in my head. "Attention everyone." Dad said. Everyones eyes where on the top of the staircase. "I want you all to meet my new daughter Paige." He said. I came out everyone was smiling at me i felt at ease. I wasnt scared anymore. We walked downstairs and I got hugs left and right.
"Alright everyone let's go to Neverland so that we arent all in one place and that we have enough room." Daddy said. I met up with my band members again.
"Hey Paige your family is so cool, i met the JACKSON'S!!" Sophie said. I giggled.
"Yeah Paige you are going to love your family." Mickey said. I smiled.
"I know." I said then we all headed out to Neverland and my friends eyes were big.
"OMG. this is yours?" Hannah asked. I nodded.
"Yep pretty awesome right?" I asked. They all nodded. Dad came up to me.
"Paige, i want you to meet my brothers and sisters." he said.
"Hi." I said shyly. There were 5 boys and 3 girls.
"This is your aunts, Rebbie, Janet, and LaToya." Dad said. They each hugged me and said it was so nice to have a new member of the family. I smiled and we talked for a while.
"So sweety what kind of music do you play?" Aunty Janet asked.
"Oh im in a band called Rascal Flatts we are a country band." I said. She nodded and smiled. Later she told me that music was her whole life. I could tell because it was my dad's life too and they could of been twins. Then I met my uncles.
"Ok sweety this is Jermaine, Randy, Jackie, Tito, and Marlon these are your uncles." Daddy said holding my hand. They all greeted me and I think that we were all going to connect very well. I loved all my uncles they were funny. I could tell that me and Uncle Jermaine were going to get along just fine. I had met a whole lot of people that day. At about 4 Dad came to find me and my band members talking.
"Sweety could you come here for a second?" He asked. He sounded out of breath either he was running or roughhousing.
"Sure daddy whats up?" I asked coming over to him.
"My mother would love to hear you and your band play one of your songs. Do you think you could?" He asked. I smiled.
"Well i think your parents and family have really warmed up to me, sure ill go ask my band." I said. He hugged me.
"Hey guys my grandma would love to hear our band play." I said heading up to them. "You guys want to preform a number or two?" I asked.
"Sure do you happen to have instruments?" Sophie asked.
"Yeah cant really play without instruments." Hannah said.
"Hmmm i dunno let me ask." I said heading back over Dad.
"So what did they say?" He asked.
"We are all for it but we need instruments to play, we need a guitar, drums, and possibly a keyboard or a fiddle im not sure what song we are playin." I said. He nodded and said,
"Ill see what i can do." I headed back to the band.
"So what song are we doing?" Mickey asked.
"Hmm i dont know what song do you guys want to do?" I asked. It really didnt matter to me as long as i could play and sing i would be just fine with any song that we did.
"Well what about something not too slow but not to fast?" Hannah suggested.
"What about Life is a Highway?" Mickey asked. We all nodded.
"Girls i have all the instruments set up in the theater, it is off limits until you are ready." Dad said coming up to us.
"Great we will be ready in about 10 minutes." I said.
"Alrighty then." he said, then he walked away. I showed the band to the theater and we practiced for the 10 minutes then i went to go find dad. Then he said to wait back stage at the theater and he will announce us. I was nervous and so was the band. I was prefroming for my new family it was going to be one of the biggest preformince of my life.

© Copyright 2010 Paige (mjj13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682443-meeting-the-family