*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677134-Reality-Bites
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ashley
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1677134
a great story
Reality Bites
Welcome to my life! This will probably not be of any interest to you what so ever, but it’s something to write about so I’m going to write about it. Therefore here I go, taking you through my made-up life. The bad things that happen in my life, I wish hadn’t and the good things, I wish would happen again. But life doesn’t go the way we want it to. No matter what we can’t change the past or look into the future to change something bad that is to come. We are stuck in reality. Unexciting yet exciting reality. This may make no sense to you ither, yet I don’t care because this is my writing, and really I am the only one who needs to know what I am talking about.
Family. Hmm exciting yet unexciting at times. I wish my life were different a lot of the time. Like when parent’s are yelling I wish they were laughing. Or when scolding I wish they were complimenting. No mean actions or words would be said. Just happiness all around would be great in my life. And siblings. Oh siblings how much they mean to us, but how little they care. They are most always annoying and only listen when they want to. They never stop when told and they fight when there’s no fighting needed. Especially when I’ve already had a hard day and they just won’t shut up. I wish they’d have the common courtesy to see that and honor my wishes. But no, siblings will be siblings. As well as parent’s will be parent’s. There’s nothing we can do about that.
Friends. Ugh friends. You know what let me tell you a little something about friends. When you think they are your friends be careful because half the time they are not. They just pretend. As hard as it may seem to take that in it’s true. And the truth hurts. Oh yes it does, tremendously. I found out that my friends that I’ve had for many years truly aren’t my friends. Yes it hurt and still does. But then I talked to some of my truer friends and they said that near the end of high school you really find out who your true friends are and most the time it’s not the one’s who have always been there for you. Most the time it’s the one’s that you may have acknowledged a few times during the year. And better yet you will meet many more friends in college who will be true to you. The words those friends said to me were
“F*** your friends now, you don’t need them if they aren’t real.”
I will always take that to heart because I know now that it’s true. But enough about drama and friends. You don’t need to have your time wasted because of them. Although life would be much easier without the drama, life aint fair.
I wish someone could help me to understand life better. Because it is still very unclear to me and I’m almost eighteen.
Reality really sets in when high school starts to come to an end. That was funny what I just said there: starts to come to an end. But anyways you start to see that you are now becoming an adult and need to branch off on your own. That’s hard for me because I’ve never had a real job before so I don’t know what to do there for one thing. Yea, I’ve had the job at the gun club, but that isn’t much. Although I have learned a lot on how to communicate with others. Being on time is such a hard thing for me though. I laugh sometimes because no matter how I plan my time I am always late.
I’m very scared and nervous to start life outside of high school. I think everybody can tell already because I haven’t been doing well in school. Reality really bites when it comes to grades.
College is another thing. That is most scary to me right now. I have no idea what I am going for and that’s hard because I don’t want to settle down into one thing. I like having options. Another thing is that I have to leave all of my friends here at HUHS and find new ones. But that’s not too scary for me because I’m such a friendly person that making friends is fun for me. The scary part is trying to get around the college. What if I can’t find my class? What if I don’t make it there on time? What if my teacher is a jerk? Where do I go for help finding my classes? Who can I ask for anything? So many questions pop into my head when thinking about college. I’m scared.
When my best friend died last year in a car accident, reality definitely hit me hard. I’m not going to lie. I’m even scared to start driving now which really sucks because I need my license. Life is precious and we need to handle it that way. We have to take life seriously and live it to the best of our abilities. If we give up then we are giving up on ourselves as a whole. And letting everyone, not just our selves, down. David really put a permanent scare of dying young in my heart. I’ll never take life for granite. It’s not easy sometimes, but God never said it would be. I hope my reality check didn’t bore you too much, and if it did oh well it’s my life  Have a great day!

© Copyright 2010 Ashley (booneash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677134-Reality-Bites