*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645322-Skies-Lie
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Teen · #1645322
Being forced into immortality isn't easy for Skye Duphanne, but neither was high school.
Once upon a time there was a beautiful woman who seemed to have the world. Money, looks, and freedom was what she lived for. But all good things must end, and her wonderful life became tragic quite abruptly.

It all started when she met the gorgeous -and dangerous- vampire Mistress Isabelen, and angered her by breaking a promise to this powerful Mistress, and everyone knows you shouldn't betray a vampire.

Now, Isabelen was known for being cruel and heartless, but, this human woman caught her on a... "good" day. Isabelen did not kill the human, but instead made a deal with her:

"Give me your first born child on their eighteenth birthday, and I will make them into my immortal servant. Your child will become mine, and you should not ever see or speak to them again. Their life for yours."

The woman could not refuse this offer, and three five years later, she bore her first child.

. . .

That's where I come in. My name is Skye Duphanne, and my mother, Helen, is the woman from this "fairy tale" I've just told you.

Here, let's go back to the night before my eighteenth birthday, also known as the night that the Seniors from Grancrest, home of the Cobras, had their graduation party at Katie Baker's house.

The same house where nine kids were found dead the next morning. And one was missing. Me.
© Copyright 2010 I. D. Kay (reynaerin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645322-Skies-Lie