*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641821-Save-Jupiter
Rated: · Letter/Memo · Nature · #1641821
This was a science project that I had to do.
1312 Polumalu Drive
Holmes, Jupiter WXN536
January 26, 2010


Mrs. Nicole Adlakha and Mr. Aaron Sparrow
5750 River Grove Avenue
Mississauga, Ontario L5M 4R5





Dear Mr. Sparrow and Mrs. Adlakha,



I am writing to you about your decision to remove Jupiter as a planet. In my opinion Jupiter should definitely remain a planet. Without Jupiter, our solar system has lost one of its gigantic gas planets. Who can replace its tremendous presence in our solar system if you decide to remove it?


Furthermore, Jupiter has just celebrated its 500 year anniversary of being discovered by Galileo way back on January 7, 1610. A couple of days later Galileo discovered four of Jupiter’s moons. But, did you know that there are a total of sixty-four moons of Jupiter?



Jupiter is very unique in many ways. Its total orbit time spans 11.86 Earth years. That is quite a long time. But, its rotation on its axis takes only 9 hours and 55 minutes! Its rotation time is the most rapid rotation time for a planet in our solar system.


If you consider yourself thin here on Earth you definitely won’t be in Jupiter. In Jupiter if your weight here on Earth is 100lbs., you would weigh 250lbs there. Jupiter’s gravity is 2.5 times that of Earth. Its gravity would literally squash humans flat!


You probably won’t live long there anyway. Besides the squashing gravity on Jupiter, its atmosphere is made up of extremely poisonous gases. Did I mention that its temperature can also go down to about -244 Degrees F? There are also magnetic storms and cosmic radiation on Jupiter. Humans would not want to live there, unless they have the right materials for usage.




You may notice that Jupiter looks like it has no rings, but I’m here to prove you wrong. Jupiter has four invisible rings. Now you may ask yourself who needs a planet that has invisible rings? I certainly think that they make the planet even more unique. And unlike those other planets whose rings stand out, you can’t see the rings of Jupiter, so they don’t block your view of the planet.



Jupiter also has a gigantic red spot on its surface. Many people might consider that a hideous blemish on the huge planet. But, it actually is a huge hurricane-like storm that has spanned for almost 100 years! No storm on Earth has spanned that colossal amount of time. Jupiter is definitely a rare planet to stumble upon, but who could miss it? Its gargantuan size alone would make it difficult not to spot.



Thank you, for taking the time to read my letter. If you need to talk about my opinion please email me at hazelrose@writing.com. I hope my letter changed your mind about Jupiter. Now, you have a big decision to make, will you remove or keep my planet in the solar system?





Sincerely,




Hazel Rose
© Copyright 2010 hazelrose (hazelrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641821-Save-Jupiter