*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641108-Final-Fantasy-Chronicle-of-Ultima
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1641108
1st Chapter, it consist if its own characters, setting wise it is Final Fantasy XIII like.
- Chapter One -







The sky could not lie about the potholed winter in the air, a breeze so still so chilly the soul clung to the bone and shivered in its flesh. It was somewhat damp and a little too frosty today, an unnatural thing for such a realm. Cold ice, of patterned bodies wavered as it fell to the ground mottling amongst each other, a strong density of white specks, which soon create piles of ivory; colored blue with a strange luminescence. Each shifting crystal masked another as they fell upon each other and slept in the cool frosty aura. It wasn’t; and will never be from our world, the human world of Earth, a lost origin of fantasy. Because in time, you will see this is Ivandel, a whole-nether realm, the true fantasy one could say, in essence another reality in itself. A realm of elements; the blue Ice, the red Fire and green Winds. Life; of that that is evil, and that is good. Magic, with spells of chaos or those of healing. Mages of all colors and names, the Onion Knights and even lancers of insane power. Final Fantasy, a world of dragons, creatures only one could dream to see. But even in this world lies that of Darkness, the Final Walk, the world where the passage of the heart leads them to see themselves, but in the form of their sleeping figure, the illusion of a mirror, the conspiracy of your darkness.
As the frost fell, the patted steps of breaking ice and small crunches echoed as a young girl walked over a patch of icy grass, blades of green snapped as her weight came upon them, cutting to a path most likely. Her hair was a silver tone and fell to her waist, two large bangs hanged off the side both placed around her ear and both hanging large rusted triangular hair-bonnets from them. One side slightly frilly from hay, yet it seemed to make a well-suited look for her, and bangs that hung only so much to the side of her face. Eyes slightly almond shaped, and had a clear glaze of gray tinge to them; they were near colorless. Her ears long like an elf, yet curved delicately to the sky at the tip, she had a very light skin tone, almost Elvin at first glance, a smaller more elegant nose, and pink lips of what may remind you of a vampire. She wore a very poor looking appearance, and her attire seemed somewhat underclass. What she wore was tight, brown leather boots; they were ripped and seared on one side and the laces seemed to be falling off and out of their loops. The left boot seemed to have the bottoms slowly decaying away and the right was missing a lace. Under that were black socks and bandages that seemed to be holding them up; they obviously did not fit her, it was just another thing she scuttled into her grasp. She wore a brown skirt made of cotton, it was wavy, and the only nice looking thing on her outfit, it was however a little too thin for this weather. She tried wearing stockings but that didn’t help much, they too seemed new and nice. There were at least two or three belts wrapped around her waist; each one ripped a little or the metal buckles were rusted and broken. She had an open neck bouse with laces in the back, that too somewhat brownish and ruptured, it had patches all over it and wasn’t really much of a blouse, more like a rag of cloth sowed together and mostly kept up by the black laces sprawling about her spine. Over that, she wore a very long cloak; it was somewhat black and russet with patches of crimson and olive cotton carpet that covered up the delicate holes that ravaged the old thing; she has had it for three years at the most, she never had the heart to throw it away.

She looked to be sixteen, but everyone had forgotten in this city, no one remembers the age of this young girl anymore, not even herself it seemed. It had been so long, and she has not had a celebration of her birth in years. She was just one of the forgotten orphans of this city, all-fated by the war.

She despised this day as well, it was too cold to go to school; and it was excessively chilly at home. School was the only warmest place she could get to, if she stayed where she was. She could risk getting sick, even though she’s never actually been sick before. The buildings around her were made of stone and bricks; hatches of hay and sometimes wood strung the buildings together with an old and almost adobe look. The small huts grew in size, some becoming large buildings and others very small little cone shaped huts. The bigger they are the more money the person has of course. The city was large and built in levels and had at least twenty deferent sectors, people traveled either by foot, carriage or Chocobos. In reference, a Chocobo was a bird like critter, it walked on hind legs, with large talons able to penetrate soft earth for traction. Why, these Critters were fast; they were, next to airships, one of the best traveling resources around. They have varying colors too, though . . . they say their colors mean they may have powers as well.
With that aside, there were only so many schools, all of which are well funded and most likely would never close. The center of the city is a Great palace, or Monastery “The Tower of The Shining Twilight,” it stands so high it could be seen poking from the vast clouds above. They spent many years building that huge Leviathan of a Tower, although there were very many other towers that came close to its heights, none succeeded its majesty, because this tower was not only the tallest, but was also made of Crystals. Yes, a Crystal Palace that struck loftily into the clouds. Many Nobles endeavor great investments to make their castles and towers much higher and stronger than itself, but fail in comparison to its height and beauty, it is the fabled lamasery of the people who stay here, looked at being the worlds greatest beauty . . . it is also looked at as the worlds biggest “Target” as well. Ever since the imperialist took hold of it. It was no more than a vast beauty that sparked fear in war mongrels’ hearts.

Gil is a common currency in all of Ivandel. (A form of gold rounded into little circles and given as a dollar.)) Yet also, Diamonds are the main currency in this prosperous city, and it's being done by size. Let me explain in a more earthly way: A Diamond that is, at least, one through five centimeters long is a dollar or one Gil, Six to ten is five Gil, eleven to twenty is twenty Gil and twenty-one and so on is about a hundred through millions of Gil. However, this is excluding the deferent types of Diamonds in this world as well, so having that meant you were either a miner or a solder to obtain them. Diamonds are called ‘The Hearts of Bahamut,’ because the Breath of an Dragon creates them, some Avions create Amethyst, which is very rare, but a small fragment could make you rich. Some create Gems, Rubies, Gold Wax and many other jewels, which also vary in price. Miners commonly find those sorts, but most work by farming and working, some under the Imperials rule.

The City of Bahamut XIII; or sometimes called by its real name, Rubanutre; owned by the current Great Empress “Nulcita Matravelle I” the Founder of this Empire, who has been living for more than three thousand years. What’s surprising is she still looks young, and the fact she’s only been ruling for two years as well; well, one may guess that immortality does go a long way. She is the newest Imperial leader, after Rubanutre was conquered; she was selected as the cities high holding impress of Dusselle. This city is located in the country of Eeden, in the eastern countries, which is also close to the Bakreald Woods of the Viera’s Society.



The young girl happened to notice it was very quiet today, usually; she would walk and find many people, especially students to where she walked to, school, casually talking and walking about like always, ignoring her completely of course.
Nevertheless, today; today was very silent; did the kids get there early? She had lost time quite early on this morning.
Then her courage snapped. She wondered if they were going to play a prank on her again. She held her cotton handbag close to her breast and stared around; another prank on the same week, this was horrible! She truly hoped they weren’t. However her fears were somewhat tossed away when a very old and scurvy woman walked from the small hut she passed not to long ago. Her sensitive ears forced her to turn to this woman, who greeted her with a very mellow, “Ello there Xjrn! How is ya day sweetheart?” Xjrn was the young girl’s name. Interestingly and surprisingly that name is of Vieran accent.
Xjrn turned to the old woman, her mouth, body ragged, and sluggish; sometimes Xjrn feared she would just fall apart, as cruel as that seemed. She had a cane with a large jewel sticking out the rounded wooden tip; the wood of this cane was somewhat old and ravaged with Fingernail marks and breached bark. The Silver Diamond was of the strangest shape however, it almost made the form of a cross or a “T” the woman herself wore a black apron and white rags covered her hunched body. It was Lady Gaosa, the town sage, she and Xjrn were very good friends, and not only that, she is; to Xjrn, the mother figure that Xjrn never had. “Hello Lady Gaosa, I am fine. I’m heading to bustle my brain amongst the books, I would have stayed home, but my house is a little too cold for this sort of weather.” Lady Gaosa made a slight frown, her old wrinkled face seemed somewhat filled with trace of grief or pity; it quickly lightened up though, “Ah well that’s grand, you better hurry off then young child; you do realize you’re late?” Lady Gaosa presumed that Xjrn had the time wrong again. The young girl never really was good at time, it was hard for her to read the suns locations, and she had no idea what to do on cloudy days. The people of this city use the suns movements and the color of the sky to draw up a time reference.
However when the sun went away or hid under the clouds, it was based solely on either intelligence or the color of the sky, Xjrn has failed to master either of the two sadly. Yet as soon as Lady Gaosa lifted her head to say the time itself. Xjrn was already sprinting away, yelling, “Oh no I’m late!”
That’s most likely the reason why the children weren’t here and the reason for the strange quiet aura in the air, people were at work maybe. Lady Gaosa shook her head with a smile and walked away, almost failing to here the “Thank you!” young Xjrn shouted out. She sprinted under a suspended bridge made of soft marble and gold iron bars baring a way to painful fall, and found herself entering the halls of her school through the already open doorways. It was large, very large, could hold thousands of classes large. Many wanted to go here. Many except Xjrn that is, the people in this part of the City were very . . . rich . . . and snobby. The first day she came here, it reminded her of a prison. Then again, it still does, not just the look, but also the cruel kids inside it. She was just an innocent in-law sent to this evil jail-cell with large grunting beasts ready to beat her eyes into her throat, of course that scared her, but, never have the kids actually hurt her.
She ran down the glass floor of the deep winding hallways to come across a wooden door, she could hear people speaking inside, the children were giggling about the lecture. One kid even brought up that fact that Xjrn was missing and someone commented, “Well let her miss not like I care . . .” She shuttered and then heard Mr. Fletz quiet them, and began speaking of the morning lecture. She hated walking in late; it was the most horrible feeling ever. People stared at you as you walked inside, and when they stare, it brings up the urge to make comments . . . unnecessary comments. She slowly opened the door a crack, her seat was in the back, maybe she could creep in and no one will notice. Yes, that’s a very cunning plan. She was sly like a fox and had the sting of a mad bee, well . . . she didn’t have a very good sting, but at least she was sly, she carried forth her plan of sneaky dominance, but as she slowly pushed the door open, there was a loud snap as the creaky door moaned. Of course, everyone, including Mr. Fletz turned to look, and Xjrn cursed her bad luck. “Late today, Miss Xjrn?” Said Mr. Fletz, who had a slick and deep voice, the man looked to be in his twenties and wore a military chain vest, clad leather black pants, shoes of steel brass and Ivory hair and brown eyes; he’s actually a new teacher in this facility he joined about two weeks ago.
He pointed to her seat and then turned to continue with the lecture. The children giggled as she slowly walked in, her head down in a pathetic attempt to hide herself. She slowly neared her seat and sat with a flop, filled with anger and annoyance. She obviously stuck out from the many kids in there. Although most of them had the same color and skin, she was deferent by far, her ears curled much more than theirs, and her hair and eyes were platinum while theirs were brown, and black. Yes, she was very deferent. Xjrn was just too deferent. As she sat a young boy turned to look at her, he was somewhat chubby and his face would remind you of a plumply deformed mango. His cheeks red like the fat saint himself and his stomach had the look of a mass beer belly, however the young man dressed very well meaning he was prosperous especially compared to Xjrn.
Serti, or Grum, the other kids called him was what Xjrn called the big evil Inmate of the prison, the person who goes around causing trouble, starting the bad stuff, and picking on the smaller runts of the family. He sneered and then opened with the first “unnecessary comment” of the day, “Ey frost head, get your hair lost in the snow?” He blurted out a few other boys turned to laugh. Xjrn, snarled, “Turn-round you fat piece of sheep dung!” She countered.
“Oooh I’m so hurt! Go back to that dirt home of yours you little homeless freak!” He grunted, another young boy laughed, and a few other kids started to giggle at the exchange of verbal rage. Xjrn flushed with a red face, and it looked like her eyes were watering. “Aww what’s wrong with you? Gonna cry? Huh Xee?” Xee in tone is a male’s name, which is very offensive when said to a woman. The Teacher happened to turn his head and see Xjrn’s face, it was burning with fury. And; before he could ask her if everything was alright, he saw Grum tossed a paper at her face, she dodged it and slammed her hand into the desk, standing up instantly. “Serti, turn around . . .” the man said, “May I remind you I can still inform your parents of the irrational behavior you have been performing on a number of students . . . again.” Grum turned and smiled; a perfect chance. “Hey I was only making fun of the creepy frost-headed broad behind me, she’s homeless no one cares about her! Do they!?” the whole class burst into a laughing frenzy, some screaming out “No!” in response, all except three people, Mr. Fletz who had a look of sheer anger on his face, Xjrn who was almost lividly burning with fury, and another young girl who sat in the front . . . Probably the only student who felt sorry for Xjrn. This young girl goes by the name of Kilik.

She shook her head, the children in this class where completely immature, what these idiots needed was pain, something to toss them down from their little pedestals of snobby power.

Xjrn felt something in her veins, a feeling like no other; the combination of being laughed at while coming in late, the running to school in the coldness; this day was just too frustrating already. It wasn’t fury or anger that laid in her psyche, it was like a deep hunger that you couldn’t fill; lost in the abyss of her never-ending mind, it was a hunger . . . for power. As the children laughed, Xjrn trembled, then her eyes flashed with the quick pulse of light, and her pupils seemed to change as the vibrant color of blue and white morphed into strange shapes.
Everyday, this is what she goes through, him and all his friends making fun of her pitiful existence; she had to make this stop, and this was the perfect chance, oh yes, this was the chance of a lifetime.
Grum looked up to see a fist flying straight at him; he was already rolling with laughter, so it was somewhat unexpected. It slammed into his fluffy cheeks and everyone went silent as a small streak of blood left his nose and mouth, only to splatter on his desk and on the floor. The strike was so powerful he went cascading out his desk and slammed into two other children who were knocked over by the impact. Xjrn’s hand was trembling; covered in the translucent liquid, scarlet like no other.
Mr. Fletz burst over his wooden desk and over to young Grum (with some very nice athletic skills) who was in a whole nether world at this point, his brain was knocked into oblivion by the girl’s strong hand. Xjrn took a step back and Mr. Fletz shook his head, “He was asking for it.” What surprised him was that the girl had enough strength to send the boy half way across the room, that sort of force was something he could barely do, and he was grown well-toned man. “Everyone sit here and be quiet while I call for assistance,” Fletz jogged out the building and everyone was silent. Everyone stared at her with a look of fear. They always assumed she was a weak and feeble creature, something to pick on. Nevertheless, for her to have smashed Grum so hard in the face, that was something they weren’t ready for, “What?” Xjrn screamed aloud, stressed, yet didn’t realize that what she did wasn’t normal for a person of her age. That was like the opening of the closer, and everyone turned away; some whispering and some shaking with fear. Everyone except Kilik, who was actually amazed, she could see Xjrn’s eyes . . . They had changed for a split second. Into to something that resembled . . . a snake . . . or a lizard. As she was about to stand and ask Xjrn if she was okay, Mr. Fletz walked back in and a few nurses carried a wooden stretcher, they placed the boy’s heavyset body on it, and scurried outside the door, his arms hanged limply and he groaned and talked in gibberish nonsense.
“Well then, back to the story.” Mr. Fletz said aloud, first clearing his throat to gain some attention, and then tapping the board a couple times. Kilik looked back again an sighed, sitting down. At this point everyone was a little nervous. People sat in strange ways, like they were ready to hop out their desk. “I am going to tell you all of the nature of our city; our religion, our currency and our past.” Xjrn pulled out her parchment and a feather pin; her arm shook too much for her to even write and then sighed aloud in utter disappointment. “Years ago when our city Rubanutre was just born, we were at war with the farther continents of the Imperials.” He paused, “Can anyone remember their name?”
“The Lusrenda.” Exclaimed Xjrn, though it was a mumble, it was loud enough for the others to her. Fletz’s smiled she was the highest grade in his class for a reason, next to Kilik of course, “The Lusrenda are also known as the Imperials, in the years before this, Dalmasca and the Imperials have been at war. We fought hard, and with our air ships we nearly succeeded, until our king was assassinated.” Xjrn looked away staring out the window. “It was three years ago when that happen.” Fletz said after a small pause.
“We lost because we lost our king and soon our greatest warrior, in fear we noticed the hate given birth by the darker ones, the controlling of the Mist sparked the nature of fiend wars.” He turned to look at the ceiling, “When we were at war with the Lusrenda, we were fighting a loosing battle, but one day we let loose our Bahamut Mages, and a Mage of greater proportions was born into our world, The Twilight Mage. His name was Zvan. Now, no one actually remembers what Zvan Eyanvok looked like, but some say he had white hair and silver eyes.” Kilik’s eyes widened and her head shifted to Xjrn, who was busy writing, she actually didn’t hear. She wasn’t paying attention at that point; how clumsy of her. However, other kids heard too and they all turned to Xjrn and lifted a brow. This was too much of a coincidence. Or was it? “Bahamut Twilight has died, and has been reborn at least twelve times, each time his name has changed. The Avions name is Elliot, or more accurate, Elliot the “XII,” or Bahamut Dire, Rock and Elliot “XII” fought hard on the last years of the attack of the Lusrenda, they entered in a grave combat, where Elliot and Rock gave their lives to kill both the Lusrenda and themselves.
The End was nigh however, through their mass efforts, they could not give enough that would folly the strength to stop the imperials, soon we were conquered. They say however that Zvan will be reborn in a child, that being the new Bahamut.” He smiled and sat back, “They say when a child is born on the year of the thirteenth reincarnate, then that child becomes the new Mage.”
Kilik’s eyes rather shifted back to Xjrn, who was also staring deep at the ceiling. “A child born on the year of the Twilight Avion . . . Becomes its Magemen . . . That’s very interesting.” She thought to herself, it would be a story for one to remember, they had the greatness to ride Bahamut, my, would that be such an event, to glide on the wings of a sacred Avion, none other than the Twilight Avion himself. She wondered who it was. Kilik was thinking the same thing. “Ah well, class is over for today. You are all dismissed.” Everyone stood, “Everyone except Xjrn . . .” Some of the kids made a very mocking sound, but when she glared at them, they all went quiet. She slowly neared him and slightly bowed her head. “I’m sorry for what I did today sir.”
Fletz sighed, “Xjrn, you must control your anger, why didn’t you tell me they were treating you like that?”
“I . . . I don’t know . . .” She said looking away. “I had gotten so angry I couldn’t control myself . . .”
“Next time, tell me . . . I will straighten them out for you.” He said it with a reassuring smile.
She made a somewhat sad smile and nodded, then slowly walked away. Fletz shook his head, “Even after that lecture she still hasn’t realized it yet.” He said to himself as she closed the door.
Xjrn took a few steps forward but didn’t realize that Kilik had been waiting at the door. “Oh hey!” Kilik said stepping up to say hello to the young girl. “Um, My names Kilik. I happen to be a new student here and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out for a bit?” Kilik was a strange girl, slightly taller than some of the other girls in her class but by only a little. She wore somewhat, more extravagant clothes, real cotton clothing with no holes and stuff. A dress with purple and white attire and blonde long hair that was neatly braided in the front and swung down in front of her. A large French braid hanging to her knee caps and she wore a small burette that was white, blonde hair wasn’t known for this area. If anything Xjrn was rather thrown off by the young woman’s appearance and Kilik could see it.
Xjrn took a step back, “Is there something you want?” Xjrn said coldly, she wasn’t use to teens of her age treating her like this. Kilik’s eyes flashed she wasn’t however thrown off by that comment, Kilik was very smart; she was the smartest when it came to that class, Xjrn and her had the highest grades however when it came to pure thinking and logic, Kilik had a slightly higher advantage, compared to Xjrn at least. “No, there is nothing I want from you; a greeting is all I wish to give.” Xjrn made a light smile and stepped up. “I am . . .” She caught her tongue, should she really say it, her name, This girl may play a prank on her, she’s already cursed her luck, why do it again? She looked up and continued, “I’m Xjrn.” Kilik smiled; one-step closer to friendship. “Great, nice to meet you!” From there on, the two walked out the building exchanging conversations about the school and what not, the two seemed to be doing quite well, and maybe could call each other friends, both even called the school a jail instead of a learning environment.
As soon as they reached the main paths however, they had to break up. “Oh I have to go this way Xjrn, it was very nice to meet you!” Said Kilik as she slowly departed. Xjrn smiled and waved, so there was someone at the school who actually seemed to be . . . Kind. It was very surprising. It also made her very happy, she finally wasn’t so lonely. As she walked, her thoughts slowly pressured upon this narrowing fact that she had been lonely for most of her life.



Kilik however was still pondering on some things, maybe she was crazy, but Xjrn seemed somewhat special compared to normal people. Xjrn had Silver hair just like Zvan, she had strange Silver eyes and stuff, just like Zvan, it was only logical. However, why, why Xjrn, could she really be the next reincarnation of Rock, The New Twilight Mage, she only looks sixteen. As she walked to her large home, seemingly a mix of Victorian and Arabic appeal. The House was about three stories, and it seemed it had plenty of rooms. The courtyard large and vast consisted of trees and fruit bearing vines where she tugged something close to an apple fro its roots and then went on her way. She stopped at the door and thought aloud, “Maybe . . . I will ask mother . . . or Father!” That was simple enough, all parents knew very many things, they were special like that and she was somewhat attracted to ask them things. They were the tall omniscient folk of everything. They knew all, could tell all, and can do all. So her parents had to know, or could relate at least, and if they didn’t they could of course find resources.
She opened the large glass door and took off her brass slippers and stepped into the large elegant hallway, her mother was sitting back on a couch when she saw her daughter suddenly run in and look around as if though someone was chasing her, “Um Killy sweetie what’s wrong?”
“Where . . . where’s father?” She said, her face in disbelief, he had better not be late again, “Oh he’s . . . late again.” Her mother said in a disappointed tone. Her eyes twitched, probably a little annoyed, “Great, just great; right when I was in the need of a asking a smart person a smart question. . .” She said as she fell on a smaller chair and stretched. Her mother however was back to reading the book she seemed so stuck on. Kilik leaned forward, And read the Title, “The Truth of the Silver Eyed Avion.” She sort of glinted at the title then pulled back slowly, “Ey, um mom . . .?” Kilik said with an almost nervous impression, or somewhat undertone. “Yes?”
“Do you know Xjrn?” She exclaimed aloud.
Her mother lowered the book with a lifted brow and replied thoroughly, “Yes I do. . .”

“She is that loathsome, lonely demonic child if I am correct?”

Kilik was definitely caught off guard by these insults about young Xjrn. “Hey, hey, she is not lonesome, I’m her friend now!” She stammered out standing out her chair. Her mother lowered the book, and her eyes squinted, “Excuse me?”

“Xjrn is not some lonesome girl, I am her friend now, and she is very kind.” Her mother suddenly slammed the book into the table, the glass rattled and the beautifully coiled metal shook. It scared Kilik enough to make her flinch and step back “You will stay away from that Little Demon, do you hear me!?” Kilik couldn’t believe what she was hearing; she had to draw bravery for her next words “. . . No, that girl is lonesome enough, why should I just exile her for reasons I don’t know . . . unless, you aren’t telling me something?”
Her mother stood and pointed a finger at Kilik, She was too steps away from slapping this young girl, a child needed to learn it’s place, even if the adult was a little too immature for their own good. “The truth is not for you to know!”
“The truth is not for you to know? I believe I have all the right to know!” Kilik yelled. Her mother lifted her hand and Kilik flew back to avoid a slap and then found her mother darting at her, It was in that split second she heard the door open and she entered a quick blitz. To the door where she saw the tall figure of her father and tackled him, hugged him closely and began to rant quickly, “Mother is being a meany father, she’s saying that one of my friends is monster and I know my friend isn’t a monster! She’s really nice and has really funny ways of speaking and she’s nicer than me! And mommies saying she’s just gonna_” she was cut off by the man's somewhat grungy but calm and gentle voice. “Whoa, whoa, whoa who are we talking about here?”
Her mother stepped forward and Kilik was about to answer, “Xjrn.” His eyes rather flashed. “Xjrn, you mean the Chaos?” His wife’s eyes widened, “Kresh! Quiet!” Kilik stammered back, this was not good; that word, she had read it in books and dictionaries and many more and it was bad . . . very bad, “The Advent . . . of the Lusrenda . . .”

The Advent of the Lusrenda, the great Omen of this world, the Lusrenda and Dalmasca fought long and hard and when Dalmasca had fallen Emperor Kulos noted that one day his great mage would return in his place and take back the empire. Judge Hemrolt Vualtre laughed at the mans thoughts, and noted this, that one day a dark omen of the Imperials would come from the Twilight to stop this so called Mage..

“Kilik, as your mother I order you to stay away from her!” Kilik looked back and snickered, “You lie, and I know what she really is!” The young girl said taking steps back, anger written all over her face. She’s the Divine Twilight Mage! I know she is, she has to be, and I will prove it!” She pushed her mother out the way and ran up the stairs and too her room, her father shook his head. “Leave her be . . .”
“I don’t want my daughter going near that Monster . . .”
“Yeah . . . Who would . . .? But do you really believe we can stop her?” Kilik’s mother shook her head and turned; “maybe so . . . but . . .”
“We’ll just have to keep her in the house for a bit alright . . .”
She nodded and turned away.
Both walked on and continued with their lives. However . . . Kilik had other plans . . .


© Copyright 2010 Xjrnny~ (xjrnny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641108-Final-Fantasy-Chronicle-of-Ultima