*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632487-Thunder-Clouds
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1632487
A 'Gokusen' piece I wrote last fall. Teen fluff, 13+ because of swearing.
There was few things Yabuki Hayato would never admit.

First, he hated girls. No, not like that, because they could be good company sometimes. But the truth was he felt zero attraction to them. Their bodies were disgusting, they whined, their annoying high-pitched voices were ringing in his ears during nightmares. They didn't have a sense of humour (or most of them didn't) and they were way too desperate drama queens and playing all those games while trying to hit on a guy. It was almost creepy. Hayato had listed one hundred and seventy-two reasons why he would always prefer guys more in his diary (yes, 3D leader had a diary, so fucking what?).

Second, he was afraid of thunder. Like really afraid. He just didn't understand why it looked like he was the only one afraid of it on the whole universe and the dimensions. When 3D was on a class and there was rain, lightnings and thunder noises nobody reacted. Everyone just continued doing their normal stuff, nothing made them more careful or worried. It was so unreal, and because Hayato didn't want to be a coward, he tried to endure his fear. Of course it was always a disaster (he felt very strong urge to go hide under his console). He was quiet, pale, shaking and staring at one spot for five minutes in a row. Luckily no one had ever noticed anything because he tried to fake he was only sleeping. (If he had been more observant, he'd have noticed that Ryu was staring at him from the corner of his eye. Concerned, for once in his life.)

Third one was actually a little playback to number one. He disliked girls and was attracted to guys. But there was this one guy who made him feel really.. uncomfortable. And that person was no other than Odagiri Ryu. It was so annoying, the way the boy locked himself up from everyone else. Although Hayato knew that he was closer to Ryu than anyone else. Still, he was actually angry for his long-term crush - at himself. He couldn't kill his feelings but neither did he have courage to confess. It was like from one of those damn girls' books. And Hayato didn't want to be like a girl.

One day it happened again. It was their last class for that day, maths by well-known Yamaguchi. It had been raining for all day and the mood in the class was rather down. About an hour ago first thunder voices had been heard and Hayato had shivered, but decided not to worry. They were still far away. But now something happened - a lightning stroke on the school yard. It was followed by a loud thunder. Everyone flinched and Hayato felt cold shivers running up his spine. He did his best to stay put. Lightning never stroke on the same place twice, right? But what if the next place was school, and and and--

Yankumi continued the class soon and 3D relaxed. Or actually 3D without their leader. Hayato was shaking and getting even more panicked when more thunder came up close to them. It was pure luck that the class ended then and everyone got up. Hayato was doing that too, ready to run, when there was a lightning and thunder again. He almost fell back to his seat. What the fuck, he couldn't go outside, he'd die or something! A lightning would hit him for sure!

Hayato closed his eyes and buried his face in his hands. Someone, probably Take, asked if he was okay and he said he was "fine, just tired". That went through and Hayato could hear how the class room emptied and was finally silent.

He lifted his head, trying to hear if thunder was still on, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned quickly around and faced Ryu, who was looking at him with a weird look in his eyes.
"Everything ok?" the redhead asked, sounding worried and curious at the same time. Already that was completely new from Ryu. What the hell, he actually cared?
"Yeah. I'm just tired," Hayato answered slowly. He tried to be as convincing as he could in that state.

For a moment Ryu was quiet. Hayato blinked and was almost asking what the younger one was thinking when he finally spoke again.

"You get often tired when it thunders, you know."

It was humiliating. Softly speaking. Hayato bit his lip and turned around, showing Ryu his back.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you afraid, Hayato?"

It almost made him flinch. Fuck, how the hell had Ryu managed to see that? He thought he had hidden it well! No one else had said anything. How did Ryu know? Or maybe he was just creating theories and guessing if they went on the right direction? In that case Hayato could easily just turn them down. He laughed awkwardly and shook his hand, trying to look relaxed.

"Of course not! Only kids are afraid of thunder, you know that."

"So why do you panic always when it thunders? I'm not stupid, Hayato, and even if others can't see it, I can. You're afraid."

Hayato couldn't answer. He let out only some weird gibberish.

"It's okay, Hayato."

That made him finally move. He didn't want to be some kind of pet or topic of concern. He got up fast and scowled at Ryu, starting to walk towards the door. He almost managed to go there, but in halfway something stopped him. He felt something - or someone - embracing him from behind.

"Ryu?"

No answer, but a face buried in his neck.

"Ryu?"

Seriously. What. The. Fuck. This wasn't like Ryu. Ryu didn't hug people. He didn't touch people at all, unless it was necessary or a fight. Hugging didn't fit in his cold-hearted, proud and intelligent nature and neither did the comforting words and whispers the boy had started to mumble close to Hayato's ear. (What Hayato didn't want to say was that it actually made him feel a bit better. Especially when a lightning hit close to them and he flinched in Ryu's arms.) Was Ryu on steroids, high or did he have a bad fever?

"What are you d-"

"Shut up and let me do this for once in a lifetime."

Hayato didn't answer anymore and actually leaned against the body behind him. It was warm. Soft. He liked it, he had to admit it.

They just stood there for minutes. Ryu had stopped talking and was just breathing, but even that reassured Hayato. He didn't count time anymore, just enjoyed the feeling of having Ryu so close. It didn't happen so often.

But then silence was broken.

"You better?"

".. Yeah."

And it was the truth. Hayato couldn't have cared less about thunder at that moment.

What he did care about was the fact Ryu hadn't let him go.
© Copyright 2010 Ada Moira (nira at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632487-Thunder-Clouds