*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630951-Kurts---Part-I-The-Beginning
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1630951
Initial passage about my fictional 'Kurts' royal dynasty in England.
[This starts just before Kurts rises to power]

Background:

(Very loosely set around 100 AD, with a fictional alteration of the land that Rome held)

Kurts is the son of an uncompromising and mean leader in England, governing the York area. However, Kurts was also among the if not the most kind-hearted and forgiving people alive. He was not allowed to leave his father's castle grounds, for his father knew his son too well, and feared that Kurts might become uncontrollable should he find out how life was for the common people.

Indeed, Kurts grew increasingly suspicious as to why he was essentially a prisoner in his father's castle. One day, Kurts snuck outside the castle. He found, to his absolute horror, that the people were being oppressed and only followed his father out of fear. Kurts deemed this utterly inexcusable, and after convincing a few castle guardsmen to join him, he left to raise an army and take his own castle as a base to war with his father.

It took over a year for Kurts' father to fully realize what was going on. Once he did, though, he decided to attack Kurts. However, Kurts had already gained the general trust of his people and had secretly raised a relatively small, but extremely high-quality army. Although outnumbered by about 3-1 in the first couple battles, his army eventually crushed his father's army and Kurts now had control of all the land his father controlled. He won in no small part thanks to his elite troops -- the Household Guard, and the Iron Hand (yes, I stole the idea for the latter from Command & Conquer).

Eventually, he took over all of England with the backing of his people. After gaining the throne, he maintained the title of "Duke". Within a few months of this, Duke Kurts ordered the start a massive technology research and development program. Within a decade, Kurts' armorers and researchers found, among other things, how to make extremely strong, and yet relatively light-weight armor. Variations of this armor were selected to be Duke Kurts' personal armor, and that of his new "Companion Guards" (idea taken from the Macedonians).

The Companion Guardsmen were selected from the best Household Guardsmen, and were also personal friends of Kurts. Aside from being the best warriors in the world, they were also supremely and unwaveringly loyal to Kurts. Even if someone offered them all the world's money and power to betray Kurts, they wouldn't.

-------------------

This concludes Kurts - Part I; The Beginning. Hope you have enjoyed this.

Author's Notes: I am constantly developing the story of Kurts, so I might make variations of some things, but I will note them as such. Occasionally, I might also redo certain parts, not as a variation, but as a replacement, but will only happen if the newer idea is much better to warrant it to be more than just an alternate variation.
© Copyright 2009 Grand Emperor Kurts (kurts at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630951-Kurts---Part-I-The-Beginning