*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625028-martin-gate
by shaun
Rated: · Other · Other · #1625028
murder in chicago
Martin Gate is a man with a brilliant mind: he can see and interpret things very differently than most. Martin is very educated and has always paid extra attention to detail in a way that most do not see. A man like this is a great asset to being a detective. This has been a passion for him for many years since he has been a small child. Later on in his later teenage years he decided to go into the police academy and then begin to be a detective.
Martin was in the police academy for only one year and he started to notice certain things that were going on between his instructors at school. They did not like this because their jobs could easily be compromised. Unfortunately Martin was kicked out of school because of this and blacklisted from returning anywhere else.
Martin is a very forth coming man and he wears a tailored suit every day, even on his days off, which is few and far between as it is. Martin is in very good shape, he is 5’ 11” and in very good shape and likes to be pristine about his looks and physical appearance.
Martin is now a resident of Chicago and he is a private investigator in this great city. Right now it is very dark, cold, and windy. It is in the winter right now and this time of year it seems like darkness lurks around every corner, abandoned alleys. On this particular day it is early in the morning and Martin is called in by the police to aid them in a new homicide case. It is in a neighborhood that you can hear loud screams, screeches, and moans coming from all different angles. An area like this is a great place to commit a crime because things can be covered up and concealed much easier with all that’s going on in the city.
Even with all the tools that are easily accessible and left for detectives use and convenience they still needed Martin because of his known reputation for seeing smaller details. He is trained and has a very watchful eye for the smaller details more than other people.
This morning Martin woke up went in the shower, shaved got dressed and proceeded to work as normal. As he left his apartment and went outside the building it was cold, the wind was howling through the city blocks and there was a layer of fresh snow dusting the ground. Today something felt different to him and as he stops to get his coffee to start the day, he gets his call to go to a crime scene to aid the others that were already there. It was set back about 50 yards from the street is bloody and battered with the body of the victim. The only thing left was a untarnished face except for a small mark behind the right ear.
Having a unmarked face and brutally battered body did not make any sense to the detectives, this was the main reason they called him in, this was the sign or marking of a new problem. Now they wanted to collaborate with one another if they knew about certain crime scenes or other previous cases. There weren’t any fingerprints at the crime scene the only thing was blood all over the ground. There was some blood underneath the victim’s fingernails and an eleventh fingernail that was on the ground nearby.
Now this was a clue to begin the puzzle and the police are going around seeing if anyone was able to tell them anything, or if anyone saw anything. It was coming up as a dead end for right now, until one older woman came down from the apartments that were right above the crime scene. She said that she heard screams but it sounded like two women that were in an argument. So she decided to look out the window and see that there were two people wrestling around on the ground. The strange thing was she did not call the police and inform them of the problem. Why would someone do this, this was running through Martin’s head, wondering if she could be able to commit a crime in this nature or if she was covering up for someone to lead them off the regular beaten path.
Nothing seems to be going right with this case as of now, but with the fingernail being scene they are able to look for certain DNA results. Naturally they asked the older woman who we will call Eleanor. Turns out she has a younger niece that did not end up coming home that night.
Now the problem is that they need to find the second person that the victim was arguing with, or who the second person was. With the DNA for the body just getting back from the lab, turns out that the missing niece of Eleanor was the dead girl that was lying there on the ground. Eleanor starts to cry but not hard more like a gentle weeping. Things are now churning in Martin’s head. Why would she not be more upset with the loss and destruction of her niece’s body? Is it because she doesn’t know how to handle it right now, or is it that she can’t really feeling it yet.
Instead of saying anything to other detectives that he is working with he keeps this bit of knowledge to himself and wants to wait it out and see what happens. Weeks go by and it seems like the case is just starting to run out cold. A male friend of Eleanor’s niece finally comes out and says that he knows something a little more about the tragedy from that night. He was there when the argument began, turns out that it was her drunk and just arguing with one of her girl friends and it turned out getting a little more physical. She was pushed to the ground and knocked out so the two of them ran from the scene. Eleanor came down and she saw her niece on the ground unconscious and many emotions went through her head. The strongest emotion that she had going through her head was the hatred for her niece for all the years of torment she put her through.
Eleanor lost her mind and slowly stared down at the body and thought she could finally get her revenge towards her with so she started to hit her and emotion took over then she started hacking away at the body limb by limb. She went back inside her building and showered the blood of her stained body.
As dumbfounded as Martin was for the turn of events leading up to this confession, this was one of the few cases that were actually troubling to him and he didn’t want to realize the truth of what really happened that night. Having a disturbing image like this in his head could possibly haunt him from how family can truly betray you.
© Copyright 2009 shaun (ricta273 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625028-martin-gate