*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624591-Late-Night-on-Air
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1624591
as high as the skies go, and live as long as time existed.
As a gentle breeze passed through the hidden vacant village, the leaves crunched and rustled, the grass sway with such grace, and the clouds move in a long-drawn-out way. The sun rises, casting a spectrum of colors to burst through the skies and soon the hollow village takes on it’s once alive presence.

He stood there, towering over his home with such silence and stillness. Year in year out, he stayed, rooted to the very same spot since the beginning of time. He’s seen people smile and frown, come and go, make and tear friendships apart, fight to stay alive and pass on as their time came. Through all this, he stayed standing with the nighttime sky that he thought recently looked so alive with beauty. To think that it is the same sky that soothed him is the same nighttime sky that left him with a painful memory; one he received from the past. A night that changed not only him, but the once alive village as well.

A night where he sensed a foul essence that loomed on the outskirts of the village. He prayed that someone would notice but no one awoke from their peaceful slumber. ‘How ironic’ he thought, ‘that their once peaceful slumber would be the death of them.’ He felt vulnerable as his gaze fell upon faces that were soon etched in panic and fear, the same faces that were once so buoyant were soon lifeless. Before long, all that could be heard was deafening silence and the faraway screams carried off by the winds. Screams of loved ones that will forever ring in the air as night came.

Through all the changing seasons, the one stray thought that keeps him going is the sole fact that the only thing he has left by his side is the warm sensations he gets when he recalls those nostalgic memories of what used to be. From the once full of life houses to the changing benevolent nature that surrounds him, he will never change. He will forever be the old English tree that will not once abandon his home and both the painful and blithe memories it holds.

As a gentle breeze passed through the hidden village, the leaves flew away with the soaring wind, the grass grateful for the warmth the sun provides and the clouds swam through the vibrant sky. You will forever see him standing as high as the skies go, and live as long as time existed.
© Copyright 2009 skylight.traumas (nunanabila at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624591-Late-Night-on-Air