*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623903-Russian-Roulette
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1623903
A uniquely equipped soldier must stop a terrorist plot by infiltrating their ranks.
Note: This is just a placeholder for the actual story. I want to hear your opinions on this idea. Email me if you have a cool idea or something to say =3

Krasnodar, Russia. November, 2017.

Russia lacks the technology it had in the old Soviet days. It also lacks the economy to support any prolonged set of fighting. Ever since the Collapse, Russia's been focusing on getting its global commercial influence back up and running.

Very recently, what started out as a small rebellion forced this city to lose all contact with the outside. Several efforts, including a military retaliation, was proved ineffective. Worse yet, an old, Cold War era nuclear facility was located close to that city.

The situation is frightening. While the UN hastily debates about what to do, the CIA has been cleared by both the US and Russian governments to send a few highly trained agents into the silent city.

Strangely enough, the CIA makes a special request, asking US Army Captain Caleb Lee to infiltrate the city and search for clues. A Mewtwo Pokemorph, he grimaces at the request. His only reply was a nod, grunting "I can do sneaky..." before he stormed out of the briefing room, as if internally disgusted by the request.

He stares out the window of the Ukranian helicopter, the oxygen mask on his face hissing as the interior depressurized, the back hatch opening up, exposing the interior to the frigid, night air. Several hundred feet below, a blizzard raged, smothering the poorly lit city below with a cascade of ice.

The pilot's heavily accented english squelched over the radio in his ear: "Best of luck, sir! Just remember, things may not always be what they seem!

Caleb pulled at his equipment straps, making sure everything was in place, including his rucksack, the equipment hanging off his tactical vest, and especially his firearms; sure, he was psychic. But that meant his abilities were limited to his mental strength, stress levels, and imagination. And during combat, those things were the first to drop. No way was he going to be stuck without any way to defend himself.

He walked to the open hatch in the back of the 'copter. He counted to three, then floated off the metal "floor", before flying out of the hatch, carving a hole through the clouds.
© Copyright 2009 Issac Lancer (tankmaster46 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623903-Russian-Roulette