*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619567-The-Revolutionary-War
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Assignment · War · #1619567
Stuff on the Revolutionary War. For my report.
The Revolutionary War

The Revolutionary War was the war that changed and impacted our countries independence and equal rights. The war lasted from 1175-1783 with the battle being between The Kingdom of Great Britain and the thirteen colonies at Lexington and Concord. This great conflict caused much harm and ended up being a global battle between the Europeans.

The British were beginning to set laws that were made to increase the control over the colonies and limit the power of the king but the colonies had a problem with it because they had been used to self governing. The colonists disagreeing with the Parliament of Britain imposing taxes without representation caused this war. They claimed that it broke the rule of the Rights of Englishmen and the rights they had as equals. Later on the thirteen colonies united and formed the Second Continental Congress making a new army. This congress led to the Declaration of Independence being signed on July 4th 1776 declaring their independence as a new nation.

There are many important events in the Revolutionary War as well as events leading up to it.It started with the French and Indian War then on with the Sugar Act,Stamp Act,Townshend Acts,Boston Massacre,Boston Tea Party and then the First Continental Congress. These were all signs of the british trying to take over the power and the king. For about a decade, there was a strain on Britain and the colonies before the Revolutionary War began and he increasing taxes only made it worse. Eventually, the Patriots won the war,took action, and had the declaration stating their freedom signed. The main part of the declaration said that we as equals have unalienable rights and the law of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I think that this war was unnecessary but had a good meaning and point to it.I think that we shouldn't of even had it in the first place because we shouldn't have to fight for our freedom and rights as equals. At first i didn't even know which war was which and what we were even fighting for in the Revolutionary War, but know from learning in class and reading the articles I know a lot more. I see now that this war was vert important to our world and i should have known more about ti from the start. The Revolutionary War was a huge war that everyone should know about or at least what the outcome of it was.
© Copyright 2009 snoopysnoopersnoop (snoopysnooper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619567-The-Revolutionary-War