*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1618810-The-Childs-Wisdom
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1618810
A child's inquisitiveness about Jesus Christ's healing power
                                                        The Child’s Wisdom



Tina was busy with the chores at the kitchen.  Breakfast was getting ready.  It was chappati and cooked vegetable dish.  Deliciousness was smelt by the preparation made by Tina. She looked at the clock which showed nine minutes past seven. A programme about Jesus Christ was being telecast on a channel. Suzan was watching the programme with all her heart. She was running five.



“Ma, look at this small girl in the programme.  She is lying on a bed. Why, ma?” Suzan brought her mother’s attention to the programme.



“Her name is Tabitha. She is dead lying on the bed. Her parents and neighbours are mourning over her death.”



Tina was sincere in answering Suzan’s question. All the way she came out of the kitchen carrying a utensil.



“Ma, look, Jesus Christ is coming towards the girl. What is He going to do?” Suzan raised another question to her mother.



Leaving the utensil back on the kitchen platform, Tina, having impressed by the question of her daughter, had a ready answer.



“Jesus Christ is going to raise the dead girl.”



“Why is the girl dead?” Little Suzan looked inquisitive.



Tina was elated having learnt about her daughter’s wisdom.



“All of us will die one day.”



“What is death?”



“Out soul leaves the body.”



“Ma, what is soul? What is body?”



Triggered by mind-boggling questions of Suzan, Tina looked stupefied, yet offered thanks to God for the wisdom conferred on her little daughter.



“Ma, Mary Avva was dead, wasn’t she?” A sudden recall of the death of Tina’s mother-in-law flashed across the mind of the little girl.



“Yes, my dear, that Mary Avva was dead.  She is not in the world. We can see her no more. Did you see her body lying in the coffin?” Tina stressed the child’s recall.



“Ma, now I understood.”



“Good, my dear.”



“Now look at the television programme.  That small girl is dead.  Jesus Christ is standing by the side of the girl’s body.”



“Yes, my dear, He is going to raise the dead girl.”



“Ma, why is Jesus Christ going to raise the dead girl?” Suzan began to shoot a series of questions at Tina.  Tina looked amazed.



Yes, Child is the father of man!



“Ma, look.  Don’t go.  Jesus Christ is touching the body of the girl.”



“Yes, look, the little girl is opening her eyes.” Tina continued the commentary.



“Ma, look, that girl has got up and is running to her parents.”



“Yes, look, her parents have hugged the girl and they are happy.  They thank Jesus Christ.”

Tina added.



“Ma, now I understood why Jesus Christ has raised the little dead girl.  Look, her parents are very happy to get their child back.”



“Very good, you’re right, my daughter.” The mother’s joy had no limits.



“Ma, does Jesus Christ have ‘Jee Boom Baa… to raise the dead girl? How did He raise her?”

Suzan did not leave her mother. “Ma, tell me, don’t go.”



“Suzan, Jesus Christ is God Who has the greatest power to do anything good. He has created everything.”



“Ma, why didn’t Jesus Christ raise Mary Avva?” Suzan’s doubt hit Tina’s mind like a bullet.



Tina squeezed her mind to bring out the answer to Suzan’s bullet-like question.



“Ma, tell me why Jesus Christ didn’t raise Mary Avva.”



“My dear daughter, we’ll pray to God.  But God has a Day that all will be raised together for eternity.”



“When is the Day?” Another bullet hit Tina’s brain.



“No one knows but God.”

“OK, ma, thank you for your answers. Now let me play awhile.”  Suzan, taking her doll, ran to the lobby for playing. 



Tina took a long breath and recommenced her work at the kitchen. 





MBJ Pancras 













© Copyright 2009 MBJPancras (mbjpancras at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1618810-The-Childs-Wisdom