*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604969-the-swift-seagull
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Assignment · Other · #1604969
it all started with the menacing nets, the invaders, the day i went for a swim
it as one motionless breezy fall morning at Sandy Hook, the place i call home. i am a friendly,talkitive, and funny silverside. i have many friends and i admit that my presence is usually full of my friends' laughter or ther sound of my voice. i was swimming at the bay with my numerous friends when many alarming feet approached where i was swimming. as if that was not enough it also seemed that they brought a threatning seine net into my home. not long after i was caught and put into a big but packed tank. there were many other silversides like me and a couple if hermit crabs.
i was so frightened. here i was, trapped in an aquarium, alone and friendless. the usual talkitive me had left, replaced by a petrified and wondering feeling. then a more intimidating feelingstruck me...what i was held captivity forever? i wondered. i had to know the answer, i had to! timidly i asked around, i asked the other fish but they had no answer. i started to feel fearful again. being afraid is no use to you! i thought to myself angrily. try to make somenew friends and stop skulking around!
that got me to talk. in a few moments i made friends with several other silversides. we started to talk about ourselves but soon i felt tired. i lumbered at the top of the tank. my friend, androra was lost and somehow i knew it was up to me to save her. i was out in the bay looking for her.
suddenly, i woke up from my dream. one of mynewly made friend was calling me. "Wake up! Wake up banndra! there is a seagull approaching and it might eat one of us!" i looked up from my position at the top of the tank. she was right. there was one huge, dangerous looking seagull was swooping lower and lower by the second. i needed i had to get to the bottom of the tank but it was so squished i couldn't. i tought i was sure to be dead. surprisingly the lively children that had caught me suddenly fended the seagull off. the moment the kids approached the seagull swiftly turned right around and flw back to the sky.
"I don't think it is safe for the silversides to stay here," i heard one of the children say. "I think we should return them to there home. don't you?" "Well... i dunno.I think we should ask mr. Keith about it first." " i think it was cool how the segull was about to eat it." i heard another state looking fondly down at us." But all the same, we should return them to there home." i could hardly breathe. we weren't going to be trapped forever after all! or maybe not." I'm all in for putting them back into the Sandy Hook bay." not long after i heard numerous children call, " Mr. Keith! Mr. Keith!" over and over again. shortly, a guy with a beard and glasses came over them. when he did they all started to retell how we silversides almost gotten eaten. "Oh really?" the guy said with interest after they finished.. "Well i think it'd be safe for us to put them back into the bay....where they have more room. finally, they carefullly dumped us back into the bay. i swam around with my new friends, calling for my old ones. they hastily swam over to me. i began to tell them how i almost got eaten.
i was caught and put into a big but packed tank. there many other silversides like me...
© Copyright 2009 bdarronpal (pandagirlx8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604969-the-swift-seagull